Oils

AmKoAmKo Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Sorry if this has an obvious answer.....but....are oils also proteins?

Comments

• BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nope. Different critters. But they can and do help each other...such as coconut oil helping to bind proteins to hair. Hopefully one of our sciencey women will chime in and help clarify things for you.
  • AmKoAmKo Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you! I was curious because I decided to try a pre-poo. I used the Darshana Indian Oil overnight on dry hair. I washed in the morning and after it air dried it seemed a little dry. I don't understand why that would happen. Any ideas? I have 2c low porosity high density coarse hair. Thanks!
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Posts: 477Registered Users
    Nope, oils are not proteins.

It looks like that product has a lot of different ingredients in it, it might be that your hair objects to one or more of them. Some curlies have a hard time with castor oil, for example - no way for me to tell if that's you culprit.
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • AmKoAmKo Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you! I guess I am happy that I bought the small bottle, haha! I will try again a different day just to be sure my hair didn't like it. If I get the same result, maybe I can try a different oil. Thanks again for the response!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file