Tips for using diffuser

I bought a good hairdryer after my stylist recommended. I don't like to go to work with completely wet hair so I need something. I am unsure of how to diffuse without getting frizz. I tried using today and yesterday and let's just say my hair is in a ponytail. I also don't like volume, so is there a way to diffuse without it getting big and more curly? I only need to dry it maybe halfway and then I put heat on in car to dry rest :) thank you!

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think Pixie Curl's method is the best to dry with no frizz. Check out this thread:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/34025-what-pixie-curl-diffusing-method.html
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    Thank you!
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You're welcome. If you find you're getting too much volume you can diffuse with your head right side up instead of upside down. You can also start at the crown of your head and work your way down. That way you allow gravity and the weight of the water/product in your hair to pull your curls and eliminate some of the volume.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    Thanks that's a great tip starting at crown. I tried the method today for a few minutes with much better results! I do know to omit the flipping over because I hate volume LOL. But turning the dryer off before moving is very helpful. Tomorrow I'll try starting at crown, thanks again :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file