Remove Sort Of-Keratin Treatment by Accident?

So 3 days ago I went to a salon to get my hair done for a wedding,and they had to straighten my hair,the procces was aplying some spray heat protector,some kind of mousse I think,blow drying and combing my hair and then the straightener..I usually straighten my hair maybe twice a year tops,more if I'm going to weddings or that sort of things but not more than five times in the whole year.

So the next morning I took a shower and I expected my curls to bounce back right away (as they always do),but when I was washing my hair I noticed that some parts were dead straight,I panicked :pale: and I put more shampoo and conditioner but nothing,I had some straight parts and some wavy/curly (my curls are a 3b),also my hair smelled so awful like burnt or something,I washed my hair yesterday and a couple more curls appeared but as today my hair it's still straight/wavy/kind of curly,my roots are curlier than the rest of my hair but the ends are wavy/straight.:sad10:

Some friends told me that maybe the heat protector had keratin in it and when I asked the girl who did my hair..she sent me the name of the product she used "Revlon's Equave Instant Beauty" I looked it up on google and the first thing that pops up it's Keratin Enriched!!!.I'm so sad because I looove my curls and I never wanted any of this,I just want them back to normal.:sad5:

I've been washing my hair but the straight parts won't come of,I don't know what to do,any suggestions on how to remove it??:sad10::sad10::sad10::sad10::sad10:

Help please!

Comments

• MoroccurlsMoroccurls Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hello
    Well I am not a professional or anything so my opinion would be a rough guess.
    Maybe your hair dresser had just applied too much heat om your hair that the strands are too "tired" or "lazy"to form back? Id suggest you deep condition your hair OVERNIGHT with something like Shea moisture deep conditionner.
    I understand your concern about keratine but hairspray CAN NOT contain enough keratine to permanently straighten curls..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using CurlTalk App
  • carnovalesquecarnovalesque Registered Users Posts: 14
    It could just be heat damage. I went to a random neighborhood salon once and they burned my hair so bad there were so many chunks that turned straight. =/
    Egyptian
    Type 3b-3c
    Transitioning since Jan 2016, from heat damage and Keratin treatment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file