Product question for the cowash

curly3acurly3a Registered Users Posts: 12
Hello all,

Could someone please do me a HUGE favor and post hair product they know to be silicone free? I just went through all the hair products and I own and found only ONE thing that doesn't contain silicone!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Megan

Comments

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    Conditioners: check the various types of Suave Naturals and VO5 conditioners. Also White Rain. There's about 2 or 3 Loreal Vive conditioners that are cone free. Also, Garnier Fructic conditioner for fine hair is cone free.

Gels: check out Suave, Herbal Essence, La Looks, Dep, La Bella.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • curly3acurly3a Registered Users Posts: 12
    thank you so much! What about the products they sell on this site? Are they any good? Thanks! Megan
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    You're very welcome!

I haven't purchased anything off curlmart, so I'll leave that up to the many curlies who have done so! :)
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • curly3acurly3a Registered Users Posts: 12
    I think I'm going to give some products on this site a try. I will let everyone know how they work when I get them.
    Thanks for all your responses! Megan
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    This is a good starting point. A (former?) poster from this board created this website, there are two sections that list CG friendly products:

http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/index.html
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • 2bforme2bforme Registered Users Posts: 81
    Yes, there are many, many good cone free conditioners on this site, but I would do co-washing with a CHEAP conditioner like the others suggested because of two reasons: first, a lot of them have juuuuust enough surfactant in them to actually gently cleanse your hair. Second, it takes a LOT of conditioner to do this- depending on the length of your hair it could take to palmfuls. At a buck a pop this is fine. At ten bucks a pop I can see where it would get expensive very quickly.
    My $.02.
    You do not lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership. -Dwight Eisenhower
  • KaterinaKaterina Registered Users Posts: 117
    2bforme wrote:
    Yes, there are many, many good cone free conditioners on this site, but I would do co-washing with a CHEAP conditioner like the others suggested because of two reasons: first, a lot of them have juuuuust enough surfactant in them to actually gently cleanse your hair. Second, it takes a LOT of conditioner to do this- depending on the length of your hair it could take to palmfuls. At a buck a pop this is fine. At ten bucks a pop I can see where it would get expensive very quickly.
    My $.02.

curly3a, if you are going to go that route, watch it with the cheapies if you have hard water, or if it's even slightly on the hard water side. If you don't have well water, your city water utility should be able to advise you of the hardness in the water, as well as what other matter consistutes your water. These can play a part in the effectiveness of using cheaper conditioners. The particulants in the water can interact with the makeup of the conditioner to create a buildup that leaves you having to cleanse your hair more often. I live in OKC, and I have to deal with buildup from the cheaper conditioners.
    fine, wavy hair with lazy waves. Sometimes lanky spiral curls underneath when the weath is very humid. My waves are capricious like me! Presently using Burt's Bees condish, FOTE AVG with honey or Mop Top gel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file