Shampoo troubles...

Kayla.OlliviKayla.Ollivi Registered Users Posts: 1
Hey everyone, I'd like some advice and help please! I switched to sulfate free shampoo in June/July. I lasted about 3 or so months before i gave in and went back to regular sulfate shampoo. The reason being that while using sulfate free my head itched and my hair was falling out a little more that usual. Now that using the sulfates again i really do notice a difference in my hair. I never realized how dry it was. Do you have any know if there is a transition period when switching and how long does it usually take for your scalp to adjust? I really want to go back to sulfate free shampoos. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    Hey everyone, I'd like some advice and help please! I switched to sulfate free shampoo in June/July. I lasted about 3 or so months before i gave in and went back to regular sulfate shampoo. The reason being that while using sulfate free my head itched and my hair was falling out a little more that usual. Now that using the sulfates again i really do notice a difference in my hair. I never realized how dry it was. Do you have any know if there is a transition period when switching and how long does it usually take for your scalp to adjust? I really want to go back to sulfate free shampoos. Thanks in advance!

Since using sulfate free shampoos causes your scalp to itch (even though i am not sure which sulfate free shampoos you tried) and was causing you more hair fall, and you are not experiencing such with the sulfate shampoo that your currently using then i would simply stick with what works best. As long as the cleanser you use does not cause any adverse effects to your hair or scalp, and is ph balanced, then there's no real reason for you to switch to something else. I actually have scalp eczema, and i can tell you that i have used a number of sulfate free shampoos and cowashes/cleansing conditioners, and none of which did anything to help my scalp. Some even cause me to develop scalp irritation. Now, i have also used a number of shampoos that have sulfates in them, and had experienced a mix of both good results. It took me coming upon the right products for my hair that is making a very big difference with my scalp eczema and that is keeping my hair thriving well, and staying at a vey long length and not breaking off.

My motto to you is to do "what works best for you". I don't go by anyones particular methods, or jump on a new bandwagon, every time it comes along. Because there is no particular method or guideline that works for everyones hair.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file