New curly girl :)

Curly_RapunzelCurly_Rapunzel Registered Users Posts: 7
Hey everybody! I'm Dominique and I'm 16 years old. I'm a naturally curly haired girl, I never had a relaxer in my hair...EVER. The only problem is that my hair is heat damaged from the years of getting it flat ironed by beauticians. My beautiful curls are now noodle-like, straight pieces How can I get my curls back without the big chop? Thanks so much!

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    Hey everybody! I'm Dominique and I'm 16 years old. I'm a naturally curly haired girl, I never had a relaxer in my hair...EVER. The only problem is that my hair is heat damaged from the years of getting it flat ironed by beauticians. My beautiful curls are now noodle-like, straight pieces How can I get my curls back without the big chop? Thanks so much!

Welcome Dominique! You have a very pretty name! :icon_smile:

Since your hair has been flatironed over a long extended period of time, and you want to start wearing your hair curly, then you will need to give your hair a very much extended break from straightening it. What you have isn't heat damage, it is simply appearing the way you described, because you have not given your hair time to go through the natural reversion process, it needs to go through in order for you to start seeing more of your hair's natural curl pattern start to come back
    . Now, in starting off your curly journey, i highly recommend having any areas of damaged hair or split ends be properly sniped off. You will also need to start a new haircare regimen incorporating using products that are designed to not only aid with curl defining, but curl enhancing as well, along with frizz control, and moisturization to your hair. When it comes to tne products that you use, please don't feel that the expensive route is the best way to go. Because there are good natural hair lines in the drugstores and even in the beauty supply stores that are totally worth trying, okay.

And, much later on in your curly journey, if you ever choose to wear your hair straight again, it should be done on a limited basis okay. Because, if not, then you would be repeating the same cycle all over again.

Good luck! :icon_smile:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file