Thinking of it again.

chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
Went nearly a year then lost my nerve and colored. Here I am nearly a year later and thinking of it again. I'm wondering if I got some front pieces that were a little longer and framing it might get me to hang on longer. I'm due for a color. But I have a highlight appt. on the 6th. Here is where I got to at about 9 or 10 months and in the corner is the type of thing I was thinking of. Still on the fence. Frustrating to be unable to commit. ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1444590199.167034.jpg
2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Comments

• BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Registered Users Posts: 375 Curl Neophyte
    You should go red!!!

~Belle Bohemienne
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    Lol. I'm already having trouble disguising it with dark blond. Going red would be harder!
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Neophyte
    I think you'd look great with grey hair. You've got better hair that Cindy Joseph. I love her but most of that hair in the picture you posted is extensions. You have much thicker, fuller hair. I totally think you could pull it off. You could have a stylist add some chunky highlight pieces in around your face or some chunky silver pieces.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
    Um, I think that's Lauren Hutton.

I like highlights around the face. My question is, do you wear your hair down enough to make them worth it?

I like highlights around the face. My question is, do you wear your hair down enough to make them worth it?

Actually it's not, her name is Cindy Joseph. She used to be a makeup artist then became a model at the age of 49 and is an advocate for aging women. Here's her vlog it's pretty interesting BOOM! by Cindy Joseph Pro -

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,355 Curl Connoisseur
    i like the grey, it looks great with your complexion!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    Wow — you're right! My mistake.

I realized after I wrote that you might think I was being snotty or something. Didn't mean to. I just got a bit obsessed with her for a while and when I first discovered her and have watched all her vlogs. She a pretty interesting person.

I was always so impressed by her hair until many many videos in she finally confessed that she'd been wearing extensions for years. Kind of a let down as she has always espoused women to look for their own beauty and not necessarily buy into the grow old gracefully line.

• claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, no. I didn't think you were snotty. Maybe if you'd said, "Look closer, b****!" I'd have thought so.

I read "her story" and thought it was weird that she decided to enter an industry she basically reviled, but her rationale seemed to be about working the system. I don't know. The beauty industry is a hard system to work without getting sucked in. But kudos to her for being an "older" model.

I almost aways wear my hair down.
    Oh, no. I didn't think you were snotty. Maybe if you'd said, "Look closer, b****!" I'd have thought so.

I read "her story" and thought it was weird that she decided to enter an industry she basically reviled, but her rationale seemed to be about working the system. I don't know. The beauty industry is a hard system to work without getting sucked in. But kudos to her for being an "older" model.

Ha ha! Beeeoch!

Yeah, I really liked her vlog at first but the more I 'got to know her" the more I questioned her rationalizations. You're right though the beauty industry would be pretty difficult to stay level headed in.

chupie, I think highlights or silver lights framing your face would look really pretty on you. Might help with the transitioning to all natural.

The above conversation made me think of this. Have you seen it? http://youtu.be/mBZQpsXUsfw
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    eche428 wrote: »
    chupie, I think highlights or silver lights framing your face would look really pretty on you. Might help with the transitioning to all natural.

I agree with this! I thought the last time you tried going natural (grey) that it was looking really nice - you have such a beautiful texture for it.

A local friend of mine started letting hers grow out from a dirty blond and I thought it looked so beautiful in the transition stage - and then she went back and colored it again. I was a little disappointed as she was looking quite lovely!

But the highlight idea is a good one. I've had more than one person ask me if I highlight with silver as the majority of my grey is growing in around my face. It's a trait of my mother's family that we go grey in that way and early, too, so I am rolling with it. Wish I had a better complexion for it though. I don't wear any makeup (I have picky skin and eyes) and I sometimes realize that I might look a little better if I had different coloration. I will really hate looking at myself when it all finally goes grey, LOL!!

I think you should go for it. :)
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,355 Curl Connoisseur
    i considered getting lowlights when i transitioned to gray. when i really thought about it, i realized the first time it would look good, then i would have to continue with it and of course, with high/low lights it's impossible to grab the same hairs so you start covering more and more of your hair. and if you just let it grow out, it often oxidizes and then if you use a toner, you are covering the gray. for me, going cold turkey was the best, done. but you should consider how it will grow out with highlights and then decide. i personally loved the way your gray is coming in.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    chupie wrote: »
    The above conversation made me think of this. Have you seen it? http://youtu.be/mBZQpsXUsfw

Wow that was a powerful interview. Thanks for posting that, chupie!

• StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I think you should go for it, I think it looked good before and I really like the idea of the highlights around your face. I so wish I had the colouring to be able to do that, I'm with SpiralHam and suspect I'm going to hate looking at mine when it's all in. Actually I hate looking at it now, it's such a mess, I think it's so much easier when your hair's fair to start with.
    3b in South Australia.
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    Starmie wrote: »
    I think you should go for it, I think it looked good before and I really like the idea of the highlights around your face. I so wish I had the colouring to be able to do that, I'm with SpiralHam and suspect I'm going to hate looking at mine when it's all in. Actually I hate looking at it now, it's such a mess, I think it's so much easier when your hair's fair to start with.

Amen to that - my dad was a platinum blond in his younger years and we hardly noticed his grey growing in :laughing4:
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
    I don't know. This morning I am back to "I can't do it". Super down and well, I can handle it when I'm upbeat but I am more down than up so I should probably can the idea.
  • curlygoinggraycurlygoinggray Registered Users Posts: 69
    Go for it Chupie!!! I quit coloring four years ago--no regrets!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DevaCurl NoPoo, One Condition & AnGel
    Occasionally: KCCC, KCKT & KCCC
    Last Dye 1/4/12
    Started Curlygirl Method 6/2012
    Final cut to remove dye 3/30/13
    Avi & Sig Pics 1/18/16
    Ack. I gave up again. For now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file