Tame edges?

KitnyeKitnye Posts: 5Registered Users
As I get further into my transition I find my edges are looking more wild which makes my overall appearance look...messy. I've tried CON edge control and eco styler olive oil gel. I applied it plain, I used water then put the gel over it and brushed, I tried moisturizing and sealing then putting the gel, brushing and tying it down. The last method works but not for more than 2 hours. After that my edges look wild again. Any suggestions?

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,833Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I use Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls on my daughter's 4B & my 3B edges. Awesome gel for edge control imo. I love the scent, too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I saw a great video Waterlily716 did using Design Essentials edge tamer and a satin bandeau.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • Mayjewel97Mayjewel97 Posts: 80Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've tried creme of natures argan oil edge gel it works ok for me

Sent from my C6730 using CurlTalk App
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I guess you need to know what look you are going for. Water and castor oil is what I like best. Sometimes I use gel over it or use Curls pomade but I don't like my edges to be super sleek. To me the whole baby hair is too unnatural looking. I have heard of a product called Hicks. Never tried it but has castor oil in it. I think it's like $13.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    Mayjewel97 wrote: »
    I've tried creme of natures argan oil edge gel it works ok for me

What does that smell like? I bought my first ever CON product recently and took it back because the smell gave me a headache. It was like they dumped a bottle of strong flowery perfume in it and fragrance was up pretty high on ingredients.
  • Mayjewel97Mayjewel97 Posts: 80Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Very strong at first but over time it fades

Mayjewel97 wrote: »
    Very strong at first but over time it fades

Ok Thanks. I'll have to pass on CON. I
  • KitnyeKitnye Posts: 5Registered Users
    I've tried using the eco styler gel and a hard brush and then tying my hair overnight and that lasts for a couple of hours. I'm wondering if I need a gel with a stronger hold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file