Just started going natural, want some tips!

curlyari26curlyari26 Registered Users Posts: 1
Ok so for the past 3 years I have been using heat on my hair. The first 2 years I blowdryed my hair a lot! Barely ever let my hair be natural. The last year I've just been full on straightening, every 3 days. I know how terrible it is, but I never truly loved my hair so I just stuck to the heat. Now I'm going natural, it's been 2 weeks already. Thankfully, my hair wasn't very damaged and my curls have stayed! Only 1 part of my hair stays straight, but with some scrunching it sort of goes away. I would like some tips on how to have my hair frizz free and how to regain some moisture. Any products you recommend? Also some sulfate/ silicone free shampoos that work well? Thanks so much!!

(also I'm new to this forum and all things curly, so what is the true meaning of transitioning? lol thank you!):love5:

Comments

• BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Registered Users Posts: 375 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome and congrats on your transition! There's a link somewhere here of lots of different conditioners and shampoos and styling products of various prices that are CG. Check out the newbies/intros forum.

I currently love the Shea Moisture line. I have also used Spiral Solutions, which I love but is pricey. SM is pretty inexpensive.

I use Ion Swimmers Shampoo to clarify, which was recommended by someone here. I think it was PerriP, who suggested it.

I also try to do a protein treatment monthly, so I get the Aphogee 2 Step for that. This helps strengthen hair which is something I'd suggest for you to try since you were a heavy heat user.

~Belle Bohemienne
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file