Moving Tips

BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Posts: 375Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hey guys! My boyfriend and I have decided we're going to move in together and we'll finally have the finances to do so. However, he's in West Virginia for work for 8-ish weeks and it's up to me to find us a place in his hometown, which is approximately 200 miles away from my current location.

Has anyone else made this type of move? I really don't have the time to take off from work to look at apartments and whatnot. I have Craigslist right now and I'm hoping I can do a lot via phone and email.

I want to move out the end of November
I have to give my current place 30 days notice and my job 2 weeks. I have to find a place to move to as well as have a job lined up.

My head is spinning!!! Anyone have any advice, tips, etc???

~Belle Bohemienne
~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hey guys! My boyfriend and I have decided we're going to move in together and we'll finally have the finances to do so. However, he's in West Virginia for work for 8-ish weeks and it's up to me to find us a place in his hometown, which is approximately 200 miles away from my current location.

Has anyone else made this type of move? I really don't have the time to take off from work to look at apartments and whatnot. I have Craigslist right now and I'm hoping I can do a lot via phone and email.

I want to move out the end of November
    I have to give my current place 30 days notice and my job 2 weeks. I have to find a place to move to as well as have a job lined up.

My head is spinning!!! Anyone have any advice, tips, etc???

~Belle Bohemienne

Some real estate agents will actually help you find apartments. And there are also apartment-finding services that do this. At least then you have a real person visiting the unit, negotiating a little on your behalf and answering questions you have about the neighborhood or whatever. In most cities/towns, finding housing is very easy as it is plentiful. I think the bigger obstacle would be finding a job you like. Sounds fun, tho!

• BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Posts: 375Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Finding a job might be a challenge, but I think finding an apartment I like is more so. I am very picky about my living space! Lol!

~Belle Bohemienne
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file