3b 3c or both?!

BeautyOGBeautyOG Posts: 383Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Now I know curl pattern doesn't matter but just out of curiosity... Am I a 3b or a 3c?

uploadfromtaptalk1443478197875.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443478231981.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443478265869.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443478292078.jpg

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App
My Hair:
3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
DIY Shampoo
Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
It's a 10 Leave In
Sweet Almond Oil
Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

Comments

• Curls80Curls80 Posts: 526Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm no expert but I'd guess it looks a little more 3b... I have mainly 3a hair, but lots of my underneath section look like your curls in these pictures!
    3a/3b high porosity, mainly coarse, medium density
    Live in Canada- hot summers, freezing winters- dry dry dry
    As I am cleansing pudding, soultanicals deep condish, curlsmith cowash, lhdc condish 
    KCCC, curlsmith soufflé, ufdcm, mga sculpting gel 
    Scrunch with hair repear towel, then diffuse or air
    Protein- Cnpf
  • BeautyOGBeautyOG Posts: 383Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OK, thanks! I know the curls are a little bigger than my fingers (my fingers are about the size of a sharpie) and my new growth I know is coming in 3a. But I just wasn't sure about the rest.

My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I am not really a stickler, when it comes to hair typing, because someone may see their hair as one way, then others may classify that same person's hair differently. In order for one to make as accurate of a hairtyping of your hair as possible, you would really need to provide pictures of how your hair looks all over your entire head of hair. That would work best.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • AmKoAmKo Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I often have a difficult time categorizing hair pattern types. I read the naturally curly descriptions on 3's (a,b, and c) to try to learn more. My opinion just from the pictures you posted and your profile pic would be 3B. Your curls are very pretty and well defined! No frizz! I am jealous!
    Thank you AmKo! It really means a lot to me! :D

My Hair:

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Recervechic (I'm sorry if I butchered your name) I couldn't take the best pictures at the time. Plus I'm actually transitioning and I only wanted to know what my natural texture was and not the damage. I'll try to post some better pictures. ;)

My Hair:

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    BeautyOG wrote: »
    Recervechic (I'm sorry if I butchered your name) I couldn't take the best pictures at the time. Plus I'm actually transitioning and I only wanted to know what my natural texture was and not the damage. I'll try to post some better pictures. ;)

No problem! I definitely know a whole lot about transitioning, since i actually transitioned for a year before actually going natural. Also, i used to work for a major curl care company for a number of years (i no longer do so at this time), so answering a variety of questions, especially those dealing with hairtyping questions based upon customers' pictures was something that was apart of my job. So, if you ever want to PM me about anything, feel free to contact me at anytime, okay.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
    BeautyOG wrote: »

No problem! I definitely know a whole lot about transitioning, since i actually transitioned for a year before actually going natural. Also, i used to work for a major curl care company for a number of years (i no longer do so at this time), so answering a variety of questions, especially those dealing with hairtyping questions based upon customers' pictures was something that was apart of my job. So, if you ever want to PM me about anything, feel free to contact me at anytime, okay.
    Wow, you are so sweet! :) thank you so much!

My Hair:

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

• CaylynnCaylynn Posts: 117Registered Users
    You can have multiple curl types on your head. Your hair properties are more important than your curl type (i.e. porosity, thickness, density).

I have three different curl types on my head. I'm mostly 2B, but with some 2A and 2C sections. It's normal to be a mix!
    Canadian - 2A/2B - chin length, med/avg porosity, medium texture, thick density (but thinning)
    Group fitness instructor & marathon runner - need to wash daily
    Low-poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
    Co-wash: Tresemmé Naturals
    RO: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    LI: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    Stylers: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone Sea Foam, Andalou Naturals Sunflower & Citrus Gel, Giovanni Naturals Mousse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file