DevaCurl Decadence vs. Original NoPoo & One Condition

pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
My initial results with Decadence were more than I had expected. I was very pleased. About 2 weeks in and my hair started to feel too soft. Yesterday, it looked and felt dry. I think Decadence may be too much for my fine 3A curls.

I went back to the original this morning. First of all, I love the scent. Oh, how I missed it and didn't even know it. Secondly, my curls are much happier today. No frizz. They are defined and look hydrated.

I'm going to keep the bottles of Decadence that I purchased and maybe throw them in the rotation every once in awhile.

UPDATE: My curls are very happy with Decadence. :)

Comments

• JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used a little of my decadence sample to refresh my curls and I wasn't too happy with the results. I plan to actually use the full samples sometime next week to give them a shot. Personally I'm not expecting much if it can't even revive my curls. I used DevaCare One Condish and just a quarter sized amount mixed with water had even my 5th day curls poppin. This one, not so much. And I'm not sure what smell this is supposed to be either. A little disappointed, but we'll see next week for certain! It might just be too much for my hair too!
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm back to using Decadence and my hair loves it. I do need to Low Poo more often but my hair doesn't seem to mind.

Now, I'm on the search for a gel similar to Ultra Defining Gel. I go through it too fast and its so expensive.
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good luck with that, Pink Sugar, I have not found anything like the UD gel. A s I Am curling jelly is close but is not really less expensive. Let me know if you find anything....
  • JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I tried all of my decadence sample and I was impressed. No sample is ever enough to fully affect all of my hair, but after using the samples I was given (Decadence No-Poo and One Condition), my hair looked just as good as it did when I used the DevaCare One Condition - and mind you the sample was about a palm-full of conditioner, so clearly it is VERY moisturizing. I'm still not yet decided on buying it, because my current combo is the bomb, but I'm considering it...
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    JunyJu wrote: »
    I tried all of my decadence sample and I was impressed. No sample is ever enough to fully affect all of my hair, but after using the samples I was given (Decadence No-Poo and One Condition), my hair looked just as good as it did when I used the DevaCare One Condition - and mind you the sample was about a palm-full of conditioner, so clearly it is VERY moisturizing. I'm still not yet decided on buying it, because my current combo is the bomb, but I'm considering it...

What's your current combo?
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been a long time fan of DevaCare No-Poo and One C, but I'm really loving the new Decadence products. I was sure it would be too heavy for my fine 3a curls, but I haven't had any issues with my hair getting weighed down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    I've been a long time fan of DevaCare No-Poo and One C, but I'm really loving the new Decadence products. I was sure it would be too heavy for my fine 3a curls, but I haven't had any issues with my hair getting weighed down.

I had the same concern but it's just the opposite. My curls love Decadence.
    Myrna wrote: »
    Good luck with that, Pink Sugar, I have not found anything like the UD gel. A s I Am curling jelly is close but is not really less expensive. Let me know if you find anything....

I'm experimenting with Aussie Instant Freeze gel. So far I like it, I like it a lot!
  • DrRachDrRach Posts: 264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love Decadence, much better than the original and I prefer the smell too. Shame there's only one online store selling it and they sell out in a single day every time they restock (which takes 2-3 weeks). Good job I bought the big pump bottles and 2 lots of supercream!
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

Myrna wrote: »

You were right! I went out and bought another bottle of UDG today. I can't wait to style my hair tomorrow morning. Something to look forward to.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file