What am I supposed to do with this?

Jasmine.MastJasmine.Mast Registered Users Posts: 1
I was born with straight fine hair...and then puberty hit. I've spent the past 18 years straightening my hair because I couldn't make the curl work. My dream is to have easy to style hair. And yet, this is what I have to work with (picture somewhere in this post). I hate how I look with tight curls, but I am also very sick of spending hours styling my hair to get it straight or into loose waves, and then have to redo it if I even think about water, much less sweat or get caught in the rain...Any tips? My hair is a mix of 2c, 3a, 3b.

Comments

• eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Neophyte
    Your hair looks like it needs moisture. Are you shampooing with regular sulfate shampoos? Are you following the Curly Girl method? You should check out the newbies section of this website here> Newbies info/introductions - CurlTalk You'll find lots of good information.

One conditioner you might want to try if you want your curls to be more elongated is Perfectly (un)Done | TRESemmé. A lot of people using this conditioner have reported it loosening their curls to just waves. It might work like that on you but you'll only know by trying.

I'd suggest you read as much as you can from the link above. Once you've gotten your hair in good condition you can more easily assess what works and doesn't work for your hair. Good luck!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Novice
    When I want my curls to not be so tight I will finger twist them into larger curls. I let them dry then separate them. This elongates my curls and I can get second and third day hair that has the curls elongated even further. I also second the poster above about following curly girl.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file