Generic Value Products Tea Tree Oil Conditioner

JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
So I found this in the back of my mom's cabinet and decided to give it a try. First off I love the smell. It reminds me of Christmas! I know it says Tea Tree Oil clearly, but my first whiff reminded me of peppermint, or a general minty smell. The texture was runny, but it seemed moisturizing enough, and even gave my hair some good shine. I'm plopping right now, but I'm curious to see what happens when my hair dries. This was only $7 for a 16 oz I believe, so if it works, I'm definitely buying more!

Have any of you tried this? I've read about the Conditioning Balm, but not this one. :D
Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
•Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
•CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    JunyJu wrote: »
    So I found this in the back of my mom's cabinet and decided to give it a try. First off I love the smell. It reminds me of Christmas! I know it says Tea Tree Oil clearly, but my first whiff reminded me of peppermint, or a general minty smell. The texture was runny, but it seemed moisturizing enough, and even gave my hair some good shine. I'm plopping right now, but I'm curious to see what happens when my hair dries. This was only $7 for a 16 oz I believe, so if it works, I'm definitely buying more!

Have any of you tried this? I've read about the Conditioning Balm, but not this one. :D

Are you referring to the GVP Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Conditioner? If so, i did buy it quite some time ago, but have never got around to trying it yet. What were your results after using this conditioner in your hair?
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, that's the one! :)

I liked it. The smell lingered quite a bit, which is the only reason I've laid off of it lately. It was very moisturizing and I was able to use it with my old routine of just conditioner as leave-in + gel.
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    JunyJu wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the one! :)

I liked it. The smell lingered quite a bit, which is the only reason I've laid off of it lately. It was very moisturizing and I was able to use it with my old routine of just conditioner as leave-in + gel.

Thanks a bunch for letting me know how it worked for you. As, i really appreciate it. I do plan to give it a try it a try at sometime, i stead of just letting it continue to sit there going unused.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file