Back to the maximum hydration method

AfromuffinAfromuffin Registered Users Posts: 158
Ya'll I keep switching up my regimen lol.

I've posted a few times about the changes I made, but still am experiencing dry hair.

I'm thinking about using acv diluted with water, then bentonite clay, then I'll rinse it out and apply a botanical gel like flaxseed gel.

Sounds simple enough, right?

Comments

• GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Registered Users Posts: 312 Curl Connoisseur
    I switch up my regimen all the time. Sometimes it's necessary to make progress with your hair. Over the year that I've done max hydration, I've done several things.

...regular MHM with ACV as a rinse, the same with baking soda as a rinse, CG with clay instead of cowashing, now I'm back to regular MHM with acv. However, now I've made sure everything is ph balanced. The acv is diluted 1/4tsp to a cup of water and my clay is mixed with aloe vera juice. My hair is responding well and I don't think I'll change it.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • AfromuffinAfromuffin Registered Users Posts: 158
    So is that all you do?!
    Without any conditoner or leave in?
    Conditioner? I use gobs of the stuff! I just didn't mention it because store bought hair products are already pH balanced. I use conditioner as a DC then turn around after my clay and apply more of the same conditioner to leave in. I also seal with an oil before applying gel.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    What kind do you use?
    I want to use natural conditioner instead of buying store bought ones.
    You're not going to want to use what I use then. I like Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle and Tresemme Naturals. TN is thicker so it kinds of aids in styling but they're both good.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    I've actually used those two before!
    The trader Joes worked better when I heated it up, I did like the tingle sensation, but it didn't give me much slip.

The tresemme naturals was alright, I think I didn't care for it because of the aloe, even when a product has it as the last ingredient, it manages to still leave my hair feeling a bit dry.

I'm gonna try this shea butter based conditioner I found online. It's 32oz and has all natural ingredients in it, I hope it works.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file