VO5 kiwi lime is bad news for dry scalps

I just put 2 and 2 together and realized that this condish is why my scalp has been so itchy and flakey for the last month. My scalp hardly ever bothered me for the first two months on CG.

Then I got the kiwi lime condish and used it for washing, and my head has been dry and itchy ever since. I was attributing it my cold, dry climate but once I ran out and started using something else the problem went away.

So I'm thinking this product might be good for oilier scalps but is not good for those of us with dry scalps. Any thoughts?
2b/3a with tons of hair and CG since Nov. 10th, 2003. Currently using Biotera Firm Hold gel and any conditioner that smells good because I'm pregnant!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    Do you use NH while on CG?? How do you get rid of the buildup?? I've tried CG a couple of times, no luck, but am thinking about it again....
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • SixFootRealtorSixFootRealtor Posts: 11Registered Users
    I don't use NH often, maybe twice a week, but I haven't noticed any build up. However, I use the lemon aid recipe every now and then to get rid of build up and it works great.
    2b/3a with tons of hair and CG since Nov. 10th, 2003. Currently using Biotera Firm Hold gel and any conditioner that smells good because I'm pregnant!
  • curlimommicurlimommi Posts: 3Registered Users
    Can I ask what conditioner you are using now? Because I've been using the kiwi lime but attributing my itchy scalp to the weather conditions too.
    Live and let live.
  • blanclilablanclila Posts: 107Registered Users
    My scalp tends to oily. Most shampoo will dry and irritate
    it, but most conditioner on my scalp will make it greasy
    and not clean the excess oil off. The kiwi/lime
    is a good one for me because it does get the excess
    oil off but does not dry my scalp.
    wavy / coarse / thick
  • SixFootRealtorSixFootRealtor Posts: 11Registered Users
    Can I ask what conditioner you are using now? Because I've been using the kiwi lime but attributing my itchy scalp to the weather conditions too.

I have two that I'm alternating between: Quidad Curl Quencher and Smooth Line from Sally's. They are both light conditioners, not super rich and creamy. But they're not making me go insane from my itchy scalp so it's got to be the VO5.
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Posts: 237Registered Users
    i rather use this as a clarifier.
    It even says that on the bottle.

I usually mix a few drops of it with water and then spray into my hair in b/w those non-wash days and it works fine. sigh i don't know...lets see how long that plays out though
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Posts: 264Registered Users
    I've started using this stuff as a co-wash because I was getting over-conditioned from B2B Pomegranite Peach condish and my hair looked HORRIBLE. My scalp is mostly normal, leaning more on the dry side than the oily one, and I've noticed no problems so far. Using this stuff and conditioning with my old co-wash (VO5 Moisture Milks) has helped with the over-conditioning and my hair looks back to normal. I think this is a good summer co-wash, but I'm gonna have to switch once it gets colder back to my VO5 Moisture Milks co-wash and the Pomegranite condish.
    3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file