anyone still use GFTN (now with A-cone)?

BeebopBeebop Registered Users Posts: 457 Curl Novice
Trying different conditioners right now with the squish & condition method from the article "there once was a curl" by Melissa Stites (thanks to recommendation from Naturecat!) :)
It takes a LOT of conditioner for this method so I would go through my favorite Desert Essence mango conditioner too fast, so I've been trying out a bottle of the newer GFTN that my daughter uses and Tresemme Naturals that I usually have in my rotation anyway.
Does anyone still use GFTN with good results even though it has the A-cone now? Thanks! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Desert essence frizz be gone/ Shea Moosture curl & shine/Biolage keratin dose
Cond-Desert essence frizz be gone/Shea Moosture curl & Shine/ Biolage ultra hydrasource
Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Shea Moosture silicone free miracle styler leave in treatment, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:

Comments

• NvmbrCurlssNvmbrCurlss Registered Users Posts: 732 Curl Neophyte
    I miss the old formula dearly. Have not tried the new one, but I'm curious. It was a fave leave in of mine😕 a one and done product...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
    LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
    NoP: As I Am CC
    RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
    LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
  • BeebopBeebop Registered Users Posts: 457 Curl Novice
    Mine too! Always loved it, just wonder if the A-cone causes any problems or any different for anyone when using day to day...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence frizz be gone/ Shea Moosture curl & shine/Biolage keratin dose
    Cond-Desert essence frizz be gone/Shea Moosture curl & Shine/ Biolage ultra hydrasource
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Shea Moosture silicone free miracle styler leave in treatment, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
    It looks as though they replaced palm oil with amodimethicone, tripled the alcohol content and removed glycerin completely, in the new formula. I've hesitated to try it...but maybe the new formula would work better and I'm missing out...

• Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    It's going to vary from person to person, but there's no harm in trying it. Even Deva products used to contain amodimethicone. That said, I know from experience that my hair can't handle amodimethicone in cleansers (including cowash) or rinse out conditioners on a daily basis. Leave-in products are no issue for me, but that's just my hair specifically. I have read of plenty of people here who use conditioners with amodimethicone (or other silicones in the same family) without any problems and with good results. (HE Hello Hydration would fall into this category as well).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
    HE worked for me when I cocktailed it with EVOO...in the past...but my hair now needs the extra boost from a leave in with a butter. Seeing as how the cone in HE was not a problem and the new GFTN has Shea..I feel like I should give it a try?

FYI, the good hair day in my profile pic was a gift from the old GFTN formula😁

Haha! My good hair day pic was from the old GFTN as well!! Paired with Biotera gel, so I tried that combo yesterday with the newer version of GFTN and went to work & as the day went on my hair got frizzy! Doesn't seem to work the same, I'm so bummed because it was a no fail hair combo. For me in the day! Never have found a favorite since...
    Nooooo! I picked it up today on a walgreens run....then put it back. Lol! Still a chicken...

Well, it's cheap and worth a try...plus you can always return it at Walgreens!
  • WavycatWavycat Registered Users Posts: 325 Curl Connoisseur
    If anyone is still interested I've seen the itty bitty sample size bottles at Walmart. I keep one bottle at work and put it on my ends because my office is soooooo dry. It helps me and I don't get any build-up. I also co-wash with HEHH. Once a week I use KMF Whenever.
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
    Ooooh...sample size? Thinking, thinking...yes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file