This Makes Me Angry & Breaks My Heart

LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
They don't talk about her kicking a young girl in the stomach too. What a privileged, heartless *****.

Hungarian journalist filmed tripping man carrying migrant child
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I read about the reporter kicking the child in the stomach, earlier today. It is a disgusting, vile monster who should be fired and dealt with to the fullest extent of the law.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CurlTalk App

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • wavypenwavypen Posts: 253Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The way many of the refugees are being treated and spoken about and refused even the possibility of asylum from so many places is vile and disgusting. These are war refugees who were caught between a brutal dictator and a genocidal fundamentalist group, neither of whom have any qualms about killing large numbers of people. The vast majority of refugees stayed in the area there are something like 2 million in Turkey, 1 million in Lebanon, over 1/2 million in Jordan, none of these countries have the resources to deal with so many refugees and some have gone farther to Europe where they've been faced with xenophobia, racism and islamophobia. I think that the whole world has a responsibility to help people in situations like this, countries that can should take in more refugees and those countries with many refugees who lack resources like Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan should have more support from the rest of the world.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    There is no excuse for the journalist's behavior. I can understand her frustration and even resentment of outsiders taking over her country if that is how she feels. However she is a cowardly bully who keeps doing this to children. Apparently she tripped a teen girl and another child.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Fortunately, there are those who are meeting them with food & supplies & offering to open their homes to them.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    Fortunately, there are those who are meeting them with food & supplies & offering to open their homes to them.

Right, but unless they're legally allowed to be in a country their position is very insecure. Germany and Sweden are opening their boarders to let in a lot of refugees, but much of the rest of Europe (including Hungary) is trying to make things as difficult as possible.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What she is doing is absolutely deplorable. Like MCC said, I can understand her frustration or feelings. I won't necessarily say several of these countries are going out of their way simply to make things hard on immigrants. I've spent time looking at both perspectives. There are many in Sweden who are fed up with the open boarders. Their system is not set up to handle the ever increasing nbr of people in the face of a poor job market. People come expecting opportunity and then get angry. Long standing wars between new Swedish residents, from different/opposing countries, are starting in their streets. Neighborhoods are repeatedly set on fire. Crime has increased. They way they have handled rapes of young girls, at the hands of immigrants who would not be punished for it where they come from,'is often effing appalling. Appalling!! You even have past immigrants who assimilated into Swedish life opposing the new immigrants, because they refuse to assimilate and continue to make more demands. Racisim, discrimination or anti Islamic sentiment is not the only driving force for an anti immigration sentiment. It's just easy for people to boil it down to that and group everyone with the ones who do hold those feelings. Many countries are stretched thin as it is and would rather not see their country collapse. That said, I'm still not a fan of the way say the Irish were treated in America during the potato famine. I see no need to be cruel to all. I just see where different people come from. **Even Obama was against immigrants in his early Illinois Senate days. A surge in immigration presented a rather nasty job competition for those in poverty. He changed his tune when elected president. More votes for him.

Still, b**ch would be fired. There is no excuse for that type of behavior, from anyone.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The refugee crisis is crazy. What an awful situation. Germany is offering a lot and probably won't be able to keep up. I understand the frustration of the the citizens as far as culture goes. There really is no easy solution here. But I want to know why wealthier middle eastern countries are not taking in refugees such as Saudi Arabia.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Josephine wrote: »
    The refugee crisis is crazy. What an awful situation. Germany is offering a lot and probably won't be able to keep up. I understand the frustration of the the citizens as far as culture goes. There really is no easy solution here. But I want to know why wealthier middle eastern countries are not taking in refugees such as Saudi Arabia.

It is an absolutely awful situation and not an easy fix. *Just look at the nbr of countries where Nationalist Parties, once not considered to have a snowballs chance in hell, are now more prominate than ever. It's an indication of many issues*. There are a lot of layers there even beyond culture alone and a lot of issues to address. Especially with only a handful of countries picking up the slack. I've listened some of the EU debates on it and have heard a few flat out refusals to take in more, or "pick up the slack" and match the nbrs of other counties with open arms policies, and the reasons given. I... l can't say some are completely invalid. I know more than one country has unreal nbrs of people camping just outside of their door, so to speak.

I'm with you on wanting to know why some closer neighbors won't help. I guess a lot of people don't want to get involved. People are not as neighborly as they once were. And as always, years down the road, for those closer to the fray the stories/situations change and people argue over the need for asylum.

I've been listening to people argue over Cuba my whole life. The debate is always rejuvenated after executions, like the ones in 2003 when a group that hijacked a ferry and pointed it toward America were executed. All while we have had the dry foot laws on the books since the 90s, after 30 years of an open arms policy.

I do feel horrible for those currently fleeing horrific situations, only to have to someone kick you...
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some of the nearby countries are helping a great deal--namely Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. According to an Al Jazeera article I saw a couple days ago, Saudi Arabia may or may not have 500,000 Syrian refugees, it has 500,000 "Arab brothers and sisters in distress" who are not Saudi or UAE citizens. But Saudi Arabia and the other wealthy oil states can clearly do a lot more to help, both by taking in refugees and by providing support to poorer countries who have taken in refugees. Egypt could take in refugees, Israel could, Morocco could (although that's farther away than much of Europe), Iran could. And despite how the media makes it sound, the vast majority of refugees have stayed in the Middle East. Part of the issue with Saudi Arabia et al is that likely ISIS (and this is true about Al Qaeda as well) was initially funded by money that came from someone in SA or UAE, if the refugees know this they may not want to go there, although they're not welcomed anyway.

History has shown that refugees who don't find asylum often die or face serious trauma. I think it's also important for people to think, what if I were a refugee what would I hope would happen, obviously that a safe country would give asylum, and most refugees do not expect to become refugees so this is not something unreasonable to consider. And helping people should be considered a basic part of humanity. This is an article about how the world dealt with the "boat people" refugee crisis in the 70s and 80s and I think gives a good example of what can be done, and how it can be done so it doesn't overburden other countries: History has lessons for helping Syrian refugees - Baltimore Sun

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file