Diffusing or Other Methods

MiraaklesMiraakles Registered Users Posts: 24
I plop. And my hair looks really nice it's not horrible. But i'm a 3b and I know it can curl just a bit more..And maybe even last a big longer! But i've been trying to avoid heat so I don't diffuse..

(diffusing)I did come across something that said use heat at first and then cold air dry the rest of the way. I wanted to know if anyone has done that and their hair came out okay?

Most days i'm a bit on the "active" side and like to get as much done as possible.. Soo it's why I pineapple with a shirt cause I can get things done while my hair is drying. But if it there are other methods which make hair curl more, all ears! Even if it is time consuming.

Comments

• chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    Miraakles wrote: »
    I plop. And my hair looks really nice it's not horrible. But i'm a 3b and I know it can curl just a bit more..And maybe even last a big longer! But i've been trying to avoid heat so I don't diffuse..

(diffusing)I did come across something that said use heat at first and then cold air dry the rest of the way. I wanted to know if anyone has done that and their hair came out okay?

Most days i'm a bit on the "active" side and like to get as much done as possible.. Soo it's why I pineapple with a shirt cause I can get things done while my hair is drying. But if it there are other methods which make hair curl more, all ears! Even if it is time consuming.

The longer you plop the less time diffusing. Also, as curly as you are, you may get pretty decent boing with just a few minutes of cool diffusing (does not have to have heat).
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • Curly_CakesCurly_Cakes Registered Users Posts: 59 Curl Neophyte
    You can also try smasters hair drying technique. (I would link but I am on my iPad and it makes Google crash) It does include diffusing but I can sometimes get day three hair with this.

It's basically applying all of your products upside down, then diffusing your hair upside down too. When your hair is almost dry and the cast is almost set scrunch in a little more gel (they recommended KCCC but I think any gel works just fine. I use As I am Curling Jelly instead and my hair turns out just fine) and then diffuse a little bit more until dry.

Using this hair drying method helped bring back my curls really back to life. And I don't find the heat to be too bad on my hair since I use it on a low setting.
    2c/3a with maybe a bit of 3b around my temples
    Cowash-As I Am
    PT-GVP Reconstructing Conditioner
    DT-As I Am Hydration Elation
    RO-? GVP Conditioning Balm
    LI- As I Am or KCKT
    Styling products-KCCC or As I am Curling Jelly
    Sealers- SM Smoothie or Mizani Supreme oil
  • MiraaklesMiraakles Registered Users Posts: 24
    @Chupie - Okay that's cool! Thank you. ^_^ My hair is a bit on the looser side of 3b so I was just a bit curious.
    @Curly - Does that work without gel? I tend to keep away from gel since I never have good results with it. I probably just have to find one that works for me. But thank you, i'll try it. :)
  • DrRachDrRach Registered Users Posts: 264 Curl Neophyte
    Im also 3b. On non-wash days I revive my curls (refresher spray and mousse or just leave-in on wet hands) and then diffuse for maybe 30 seconds on each side and back followed by 30 seconds using the cool shot button. The heat tightens my curls and the cool air fixes it and stops its from 'dropping'. I air dry the rest of the way and then scrunch.
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

• Curly_CakesCurly_Cakes Registered Users Posts: 59 Curl Neophyte
    @Chupie - Okay that's cool! Thank you. ^_^ My hair is a bit on the looser side of 3b so I was just a bit curious.
    @Curly - Does that work without gel? I tend to keep away from gel since I never have good results with it. I probably just have to find one that works for me. But thank you, i'll try it. :)

I'm not sure if it does. What were your results with gels? Have you tried jellies instead? They are a little lighter and not as crunchy.
    2c/3a with maybe a bit of 3b around my temples
    Cowash-As I Am
    PT-GVP Reconstructing Conditioner
    DT-As I Am Hydration Elation
    RO-? GVP Conditioning Balm
    LI- As I Am or KCKT
    Styling products-KCCC or As I am Curling Jelly
    Sealers- SM Smoothie or Mizani Supreme oil

If you click on the link in my sig, I have a couple of diffusing vids.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • MiraaklesMiraakles Registered Users Posts: 24
    Late replies, sorry. >_< Studying school and what-not.

@Chupie, thanks again! I'll be sure to watch them!
    @Curly - Gel my hair is like.. If feels completely dry when I use them. Even if I only use a little it's like it completely dries my hair. And the residue is awful. Jellies? Never heard of those.
    @Dr - Sounds simple enough, thank you!
  • delshimy84delshimy84 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Does anyone experience a lot of frizz with diffusers? I have tried the pixie diffusing method along with smasters. The smasters technique gave me wonderful curls but I ended up with a major halo of frizz at the crown. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I set my diffuser on medium heat, low setting. I don't end up with frizz anywhere except at the crown. :(
    delshimy84 wrote: »
    Does anyone experience a lot of frizz with diffusers? I have tried the pixie diffusing method along with smasters. The smasters technique gave me wonderful curls but I ended up with a major halo of frizz at the crown. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I set my diffuser on medium heat, low setting. I don't end up with frizz anywhere except at the crown. :(

Maybe product not all the way up? Also, look up "Orchid Diffuser" on youtube. It seems to really give less frizz for those prone to frizz. Also, even if you pixie are you resisting the urge to move the diffuser even a little. It should get set in place and stay there until you turn it off and move it.
  • BeinDebBeinDeb Registered Users Posts: 583 Curl Connoisseur
    Delshimy84, do you use gel or curl cream? I have to let my hair "set" via air drying for a bit before I diffuse or I'll get the kind of frizz you're describing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file