Rash?

AfromuffinAfromuffin Registered Users Posts: 158
So I've used dudu Osun black soap on my face.
I noticed red areas around my mouth for a few days, but didn't think anything of it since the rest of my face looked nice and shiny.

Then one day I woke up and I saw this.
What should I use for it?
Would apple cider vineager as a toner be helpful?

Comments

• caramix3acaramix3a Registered Users Posts: 462 Curl Neophyte
    No, I definitely wouldn't use apple cider vinegar as a toner in this case, not even diluted, as many people do. What you need to do is stop all active products including the soap you used and use gentle, simple bland products only. There must have been something in that soap your skin didn't like - soaps, even natural ones can sometimes be very harsh. Cleanse with a soap-free cleanser(CeraVe Hydrating is excellent and available at any drugstore), and moisturizing only with something soothing and simple. If your skin is a bit oilier, CeraVe Foaming Cleanser is good. Cetaphil or CeraVe moisturizing creams(or lotions if skin is not too dry)are very good, and the trusty Aquaphor in particular is great for soothing and taking down irritation. With any kind of rash or skin irritation, the skin barrier needs to heal and doing simple care will help that. Be patient - barrier repair takes longer than one thinks. One's skin can feel and look "all better" pretty soon but can still be reactive because it hasn't completed healing yet. Hope this helps! Again, NO ACV - that's very harsh in this case.
  • BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Registered Users Posts: 375 Curl Neophyte
    Did you use a bar soap? Those are wrought with bacteria! Never use bar soap on your face and never a wash cloth. Always cleanse with your fingers.

My suggestion is to forgo makeup and anything else on the face until it clears up. If you need a cleanser, use plain Greek yogurt. It'll moisturize as well as cleanse and still has a soothing property. You can also mix in some honey, which does have antibacterial properties and can add extra moisture.

The reason I suggest food and not a drugstore cleanser is because you never know what ingredients in those trade cleansers might irritate your skin further.

Make sure your water is lukewarm not too hot and always rinse with cool water. And until your skin is back to normal: no toners, no makeup, no extra moisturizer, basically nothing that will sit on skin and be absorbed. It could inadvertently make things worse rather than better.

Hopefully, within a week it'll go away. I have weirdly sensitive skin and I have to be super extra careful of what I put on my face. I never know what I'll be allergic to.

~Belle Bohemienne
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
  • sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    Have you changed anything you've eaten recently? I would think if it was something you used on your face, then other parts of your face would have this same rash as well. This happened to my sister in law after using a bar of soap I gave her, but it turned out to be something she ate.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • AfromuffinAfromuffin Registered Users Posts: 158
    Thank you all for replying!

I stopped using the acv, my friend also told me I shouldn't use it too! I changed my cleanser since the soap is way too harsh.

I never heard of Greek yogurt as a face cleaner before, I might have to try it with the honey idea. And bar soap has bacteria? I used the black soap, they also have it in liquid form. I'm living in dorms and remember it falling on the floor, but I sprayed lysol before I showered since i was scared of bacteria when I first came. Maybe that had something to do with it.

It wasn't anything I ate thankfully.

I got a new facial cleanser and used some fade cream and it went away in a few days!

Thanks for the help ladies!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file