Relationship Questions

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
A friend of mine has been talking to a guy on Facebook almost daily, (I'm going to guess months, maybe up to a year)including while he was on vacation over seas recently, don't have each other's phone numbers, so no texting or calling. They have been "friends" for a long time through others, but not close by any means and see each other at functions a few times a year.

She stopped in at my work today and was telling me and a co-worker about this.

I think it's just a friends thing, co-worker thinks he's into her.

I don't know him or his friends, so can't find out that way.

Thoughts?? I told her I would ask my curly friends lol

Feel free to share your own stuff. My life is incredibly boring, I got nothing of my own, but love hearing others!
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I suppose a lot of it depends on what their topics of conversation are and his personality in general. Do they talk just to catch up, or do they also share interesting topics, future plans, personal info, etc? Is he just a friendly guy who has several female friends, or does he exclusively talk to her (at least to this extent)?

It's great that your friend has someone close to talk to, but it's hard to tell if he "like likes" her without knowing a bit more about him and their topics of conversation. :)
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    He's not that into her...OR he has a significant other and he's "using" her to fill a void in his attention-getting.

These are my two thoughts based on my own experiences.

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Ahh, didn't think if a possible SO! I'll mention that!

As far as the conversations, I'm assuming light stuff.

I just can't imagine him letting it go this long if he was interested and not trying to take another move. Co-workers boyfriend is painfully shy, so she thinks it's possible.

I have lots of guy friends though, so can see it just being a friend. Co-worker says guys don't spend that kind of time with just a friend.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I suppose if he is really shy or something, it's possible. But talking this long and not getting a number or working getting coffee or something into the conversation doesn't sound interested.

Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    PerriP wrote: »
    I suppose if he is really shy or something, it's possible. But talking this long and not getting a number or working getting coffee or something into the conversation doesn't sound interested.

That's what I think. Especially if they're kinda friends (I think she knows he from an old job or school, but a long time) he could easily come up with a reason the get togeather.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    If they do see each other on occasion, as you said, I think he would have done/said something by now if he was interested.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CurlyFelineCurlyFeline Posts: 156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    the guy could be shy. But that's only an assumption.
    If I were her, and if she's interested in him I would just ask it right away if he feels something for her. The reason why
    I'm saying this is because I don't like waiting, been there done that.
    I wouldn't torture myself with the waiting game.

It could literally be anything I would just ask.
    3A curly (cherub curls)
    fine, med to low density, rather low porosity
    the guy could be shy. But that's only an assumption.
    If I were her, and if she's interested in him I would just ask it right away if he feels something for her. The reason why
    I'm saying this is because I don't like waiting, been there done that.
    I wouldn't torture myself with the waiting game.

It could literally be anything I would just ask.

That's what I said!! She's crazy shy though, I don't see her doing it.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Hmm. It's hard to make shy people do something they're scared of. She needs to see that it's gonna be endless if she doesn't ask. It could end up very painful. It could be that he doesn't love/like her. But then at least she knows. And she can move on with her life.
    3A curly (cherub curls)
    Hmm. It's hard to make shy people do something they're scared of. She needs to see that it's gonna be endless if she doesn't ask. It could end up very painful. It could be that he doesn't love/like her. But then at least she knows. And she can move on with her life.

I don't think she's crazy into him, just a weird situation with different points of view about what was going on.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Oh ok. :) :p
    3A curly (cherub curls)
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I vote not that into her.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Posts: 468Registered Users
    Someone needs to make a move. I know I'm glad I did because hubby was very inexperienced and shy. Take the risk. You never know! Best of luck.
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It's meeting some kind of emotional need for both of them or they wouldn't bother. But he's clearly not burning w desire.
    Some men really enjoy flirting w women or just having someone to talk to.

Do they live in the same city?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App

It's meeting some kind of emotional need for both of them or they wouldn't bother. But he's clearly not burning w desire.

Do they live in the same city?

I don't think the same city, but not far. Maybe an hour from each other?

I was thinking about it more the last few days and am starting to think maybe something's there? The messages I have with guys are all joke stuff, or to make plans or stuff like that. Other then to share a joke, there is no just random "Hi!" the way I do with female friends.

Having lunch with her tomorrow, gonna ask what they talk about.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Yep, I think that's it.

I had a friend (former coworker) who I chatted online with everyday and it was only out of boredom and entertainment for me. He finally asked to meet up so at least a made a move but was really slow about it since he was shy. I think it was after maybe 3-5 months of chatting. I wasn't into him and maybe I started seeing someone else towards the end. He was upset and said he wouldnt be talking to me if he wasnt into me and we talked about some important things concerning life and family life (I don't remember exactly what but I know there was no flirting). I would definitely not do that again and I don't have time now for that anyways. I didn't feel bad at all though, if he liked me he should've made a move earlier, lame.
    I think that too, Josephine. If someone is really interested, they'll make a move, and if they don't, that's on them.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    A lot of times ppl recognize a good prospect & make an effort to keep that good prospect within arms reach. They're involved w someone else or otherwise unable to commit, but they like having a plan b.

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    If man is interested, he will get the phone number and reach out otherwise. I have a friend who I've been in close contact with since we were in high school (over 15 years ago) and it's been just a friend thing. Of course, he lives in a different country. Basically, it's pointless if there's distance in between.... especially an ocean. An hour isn't bad, but I wouldn't want to do it.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights