Say something NICE about a boardie!

2»

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Serene Curls is always very helpful!
  • BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Registered Users Posts: 375 Curl Neophyte
    I was looking at the 2s forum when I ran across cleverusername and just had to laugh at her clever username!

~Belle Bohemienne
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
  • RimiRimi Registered Users Posts: 2,001 Curl Neophyte
    Spiderlashes, this is such a wonderful idea!
    eveum wrote: »
    Thanks Fifi and CurlyCanadian!
    I completely respect anyone who has their opinion and is completely unapologetic about it. Love seeing that. :)

I have too many nice things to say about the people here, just the general support that I get in the Say It thread; Claudine, Starmie, Curlypearl, PerriP, Rouquinne thank you so much for all the advice (sorry if I missed anyone out). :)

One NC member who I really admire is Rimi, she is lovely and seems a very determined young woman in regards to her education and career, and as someone of a similar age I can really admire that.

And thank you to SpiderLashes for making this thread. What a great idea!

Eveum, thank you so much for those kind words. My heart leapt as soon as I read them!

There are soooo many boardies I adore. Here are just three that immediately come to mind:

Eveum is so strong in her convictions and in her commitment to doing what she feels is best, and I think that is truly commendable. It is definitely a relief to have her as a peer, considering we are close in age and seem to be working toward similar goals professionally. I love hearing her feedback, and I also love reading about her plans and how she's doing. Plus, she is undeniably gorgeous!

*sigh* Ninja is so great. She has such a lovely way with words that results in wonderful stories that I always look forward to reading. Her tenacious advocacy for animals and wonderful sense of humor doesn't go unnoticed, and I'm always so appreciative of her support and sound advice.

I am also constantly in awe of Jeepy and her productiveness and I am seriously envious! I love reading about how she spends her days, and she is such a positive person overall.

:)
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    Curly Canadian seems like she wld be a great friend.

she is! i've texted her when i'm sitting alone in a restaurant in downtown Toronto and feeling lonely and she's been there for me.

:toothy10:
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Lol I forgot about that!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SpecklaSpeckla Registered Users Posts: 189 Curl Connoisseur
    I really admire that Frau chick! Very funny and so nice to talk to.
  • eveumeveum Registered Users Posts: 744 Curl Neophyte
    You're very welcome Rimi :) What a lovely response, it made my day. Thank you :D

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    This has got to be the best thread ever!

There's so many people to name, I don't even know where to start! For one, lots of thanks to DrRach. So much knowledge bottled up in one person, she's helped a ton with some problems I've had! Curlypearl is definitely one with a heart of gold, I always see her on posts helping someone out here and there. And Expecto's hair gives me life. How someone could have hair that amazing is beyond me! :wav:
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • cailincailin Registered Users Posts: 928 Curl Connoisseur
    I could never name just one curly. So many of the curlies here have made me laugh, made me think, offered advice, and invited me to see things from another perspective.

I think I've *known* rouquinne the longest. I've identified with a lot of the stories she's shared about her upbringing and her strength, perseverance, and hands down talent always inspire me.

When PerriP talks about yoga it reminds me why I love yoga and encourages me to get on my mat when maybe I'm not feeling it.
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    scrills wrote: »
    Munchy is amazing in the food prep department :-)

Aww, and you, my friend, are amazing in the style department. I'm always so jealous of the things you put together!
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    Chupie is consistently helpful to those with questions, especially about Type 2 hair.

OMG. Thank you! I didn't read this thread until now. I love helping people.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file