Say something NICE about a boardie!

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
Not just your usual crew but anyone here. Maybe someone w/ whom you don't usually interact. Or a newer member. Or a former friend. Or just someone who has some trait or POV that you admire. Anything goes. Can be humorous. But must be nice or positive in some way. One boardie per post. Must be currently active. GO!

Comments

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Chupie is consistently helpful to those with questions, especially about Type 2 hair.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Curly Canadian seems like she wld be a great friend.

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you.....and what an awesome topic!!!

I think Lotsa has a huge heart and is one of those people that would do anything for friends & family :)
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,767Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I love Curlypearl! Very strong, brave woman with a heart of gold.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Munchy is amazing in the food prep department :-)
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am in awe of Scrills creative skills!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CurlTalk App

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,224Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was so touched that I was mentioned in this thread. For all those who aren't mentioned, I send you love. I never want anyone to feel slighted or left out.

Curlies :love7::love7::love7::love7::love7::love7::love7::love7::love7::love7::love7::love7::love7:

Too many terrific people to name just one.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    PerriP is consistently positive, helpful, thoughtful and wise.
    And she helps poodles!
    3b in South Australia.
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Starmie wrote: »
    PerriP is consistently positive, helpful, thoughtful and wise.
    And she helps poodles!

This almost made me cry. Thank you!

I'm afraid to post any because I'll inevitably miss someone and I really wouldn't want anyone to feel slighted. So I'll say this - NC is my go-to place for support. I really don't know how I'd cope with some of my life hiccups without you guys.
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
    BelleBohemienne has the best avatars!

• scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Curly Canadian seems like she wld be a great friend.

I <3 CC, too!
  • BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Posts: 375Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    BelleBohemienne has the best avatars!

I was searching for this thread to say something about you and I find this! Thank you, Spiderlashes!!

I haven't been on here long and I don't always post regularly, but I have found all my interactions with Spiderlashes to be so delightful. She is so helpful and informative and really is genuinely concerned for everyone here. There is a myriad of niceties I can say about her, but I don't want to ramble on! Lol! Spiderlashes5000, YOU ARE AWESOME!

~Belle Bohemienne
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Eveum is very well spoken. I may not agree with what's she's speaking about, but I really enjoy her posts and takes on things!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was coming in to say I find myself agreeing with a majority of the things Eveum says. It's nice to have at least one other person here who finds the current state of feminism absolutely worthless.

But doesn't mean I do not like the more forward nature of others here, their views, opinions and the general kindness of many others.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I appreciate that Spiderlashes answers my questions in matters that involve PoC.

(and her love of fashion is AWESOME!!)
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Fifi and CurlyCanadian!
    I completely respect anyone who has their opinion and is completely unapologetic about it. Love seeing that. :)

I have too many nice things to say about the people here, just the general support that I get in the Say It thread; Claudine, Starmie, Curlypearl, PerriP, Rouquinne thank you so much for all the advice (sorry if I missed anyone out). :)

One NC member who I really admire is Rimi, she is lovely and seems a very determined young woman in regards to her education and career, and as someone of a similar age I can really admire that.

And thank you to SpiderLashes for making this thread. What a great idea!

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Posts: 375Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't seen KathieMack much lately, but, boy, does she know her stuff! She is just insanely knowledgeable about all this hair stuff and you know her answers are well researched and thought out.

~Belle Bohemienne
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
    I really am glad FifiG is here. I love how much effort she puts into her posts & all the tangential topics that she brings into the conversation.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Calico Kitties taught me how to be supportive of myself when being curl-shamed.
    Claudine & Perri's posts from older threads helped me figure out some of the ingredients my hair doesn't work well with.

still in progress on finding holy grail for several seasons but at least now have alittle more idea of what doesnt.
    I really like curly pearl's mentoring outlook i'd call it. And her signature "Every day is a gift" .
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Spider. I always enjoy the way you speak your mind and enjoy fashion, as TRBL mentioned. We do not have the exact same experiences in life or the same ways and are not all meant to have the same opinion, even in a vacuum. :) it would be weird.

I think Starmie is a terrific lady. Truly. She always adds something helpful and/or fun to the conversation and she makes booties for Koalas during wild fires. I mean, come on!

Jeep kicks some butt too.

See, I'd be here all day. I can think of 15 more off the top of my head. There are too many great people here.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    Thanks Spider. I always enjoy the way you speak your mind and enjoy fashion, as TRBL mentioned. We do not have the exact same experiences in life or the same ways and are not all meant to have the same opinion, even in a vacuum. :) it would be weird.

I think Starmie is a terrific lady. Truly. She always adds something helpful and/or fun to the conversation and she makes booties for Koalas during wild fires. I mean, come on!

Jeep kicks some butt too.

See, I'd be here all day. I can think of 15 more off the top of my head. There are too many great people here.

I am newer but i agree :love7: . Does Starmie work in wildlife rescue /a sanctuary? I didnt know she made things for the koalas :) .
    Nah, Mate: she's just an Aussie, right? (Insert obligatory swears here.)^

Technically, I think she is a Brit living in Australia (does that make her a criminal that was shipped there????)

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Ninja's (Claudine) willingness to go SO far out of her comfort zone, to do something so wacky when she was looking for work, well it's a special kind of awesome sauce.

Not to mention her work rescuing doggies (especially misunderstood breeds).

:love7:

TRBL wrote: »

Technically, I think she is a Brit living in Australia (does that make her a criminal that was shipped there????)

Yes! She's a bootie-knitting criminal! I heard (just between us) that she was caught nicking eucalyptus from druggists and was transported. And now she's allegedly a nurse, so clearly she's a bad person.
    TRBL wrote: »
    Ninja's (Claudine) willingness to go SO far out of her comfort zone, to do something so wacky when she was looking for work, well it's a special kind of awesome sauce.

Not to mention her work rescuing doggies (especially misunderstood breeds).

:love7:

I still feel really weird about that (and chemicals were involved), so let's just keep it quiet. ;)

But you're so nice to mention the doggie stuff. :grommit: And you know I love you back, in part for your devotion to pop tarts and candy.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    lolo918 is just awesome all around. She's so cute, sweet, and I admire how her scientific brain works.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You're all making me giggle here!
    'Allegedly a nurse' - I think some may agree with that comment....
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file