1 year old with stinky head and other problems

sarah2002sarah2002 Posts: 4Registered Users
My 1 year old has very fine wavy hair (2b/c I think), but it is so dry and frizzy. I'm just not sure how to care for it. My main problem is that she sweats a lot from her head, so her scalp is really stinky. How do I get the stink out without using harsh shampoos? Even co-washing leaves her hair feeling dry and brittle, so I'm at a loss. Thanks!

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You could try conditioning and then a low poo wash? To protect from drones but still get a good scalp wash in.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • sloka25sloka25 Posts: 78Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Try sulfate free shampoos, when you buy a bottle of shampoo, pour out half the contents into another bottle, add water to the rest of the shampoo so you should have a mixture that is 1/2 shampoo +1/2 water. This might be more gentle on her hair. Also focus the shampoo solely on her scalp on the rest of her hair.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Maybe try As I Am Coconut Co-Wash? That would be stronger than just washing with regular rinse-out conditioner, since it is formulated with cleansing ingredients, but it wouldn't be harsh. I recently tried this product and found it to be too moisturizing for me. But it seemed very gentle.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • sarah2002sarah2002 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I started using DevaCurl products in her hair and it solved the problem. No more stink, and nice curls!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file