Donald Trump

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
So what does everyone think??

He's kind of fascinating to listen to, just the jibberish pouring from his mouth.

Seems to be getting a lot of support though. Do you think people actually believe in him, or are just wanting to see how long this show goes on?
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• eveumeveum Registered Users Posts: 744 Curl Neophyte
    Donald Trump is a ****. A straight up ****.

It's so sad and crazy to me that he has so much momentum. I was in America during the 2012 election period and the whole thing was so crazy to me (not in a bad way, it was educational). I honestly find American politics a little bit...wacky. Overwhelming. This is like reality TV. The only thing that I can compare Trumps policies to are UKIP or the BNP, who are widely regarded to be racist and usually don't get taken that seriously. Although of course I guess I'm biased in saying that.

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
  • DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    He is way in over his head. He may have business savvy, but he's completely clueless about geopolitics. I think he suffers from the Dunning-Kruger effect. Unfortunately, part of the electorate is just as clueless.

I can't boast about the politicians in my own part of the world, but Trump is a different brand of surreal.
    Honestly, I don't know why a journalist or fellow "politician" doesn't take him down. It's embarrassing.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I know 3 men who want him elected. They are successfully self-employed.
    They say it's because he is saying what we all believe & are afraid to say. I, for one, don't believe this crap.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    They say it's because he is saying what we all believe & are afraid to say. I, for one, don't believe this crap.

This is what I keep hearing on CNN.

I get the feeling he has no idea what the president does? I know very little about US politics, but assuming the president can't just start charging a tax on a whim?

One of his biggest platforms seems to be keeping Ford manufacturing in the US, and to do he'll just tell the CEO they'll have to pay a tax if they build in Mexico.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur

Considering what he's been spewing, this is what terrifies me more than anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Trump has said that the Bible is his favorite book. In an interview he was asked what is favorite passage was & he responded saying the Bible was very personal to him & wouldn't quote any. He was then asked if he preferred the OT or NT. He said both. He is so trying to hoodwink people. Unfortunately, there are those who don't see this. There are those who look up to him becuz they feel he is so successful. He filed bankruptcy 4 frigging times to get out of paying his debts! Unbelievable. I'm for Bernie Sanders!
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    I hate it when candidates are blazing the trail. It has become more ridiculous with every passing year. Trump is and will remain a boob. He's just a boob who does not have to worry about pissing off any financial backers so he can say what ever he feels like and then some.

Yes, many people do find it refreshing. That has more to do with people having an unbelievable amount of frustration toward all things 'politically correct' in this country. Really! People are so pissed off at the PC Party that even Donald Trump sounds great. It's that bad.

I've honestly not even been keeping up with what he says. I have heard about his Drama with Fox News. I know he is taking a stance against immigration and there are a lot of people who agree with him there. People of every race. It's job competition for those in the lower classes plus worries about who exactly is coming in and why. It's not the first or last time people in this country will feel that way. I also know that a former brief member of the KKK (he has been out since the 1970s) said he agreed with his stance on that particular topic, which is nothing new. That has always been David Dukes position and the media went wild saying Grand Wizard endorses Donald Trump. Trump alone is bad enough but throw in the media circus on top of it and it just keeps isht going. I tune it out because they will continue to spiral and go back and forth until it's over.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur

This is what I keep hearing on CNN.

I get the feeling he has no idea what the president does? I know very little about US politics, but assuming the president can't just start charging a tax on a whim?

One of his biggest platforms seems to be keeping Ford manufacturing in the US, and to do he'll just tell the CEO they'll have to pay a tax if they build in Mexico.

Bingo. And he's not alone...many Americans don't understand how government works. The president can't just wave a scepter and solve all the problems.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    And um....David Duke LOVES the media. Are you kidding. The man wore Nazi uniforms to class as an undergrad at LSU. My old boss went to school with him. He bathes in the attention, just laps it up. "The media" didn't make him blatantly racist and anti-Semitic.

--warning: rant incoming--

On another note, I am so sick and TIRED Of hearing tired
    people complain about people being PC and how "PC things are today". Then as soon as ---- gets real for THEM, we're supposed to put in prayer requests and good vibes and how they have feelings too. Jesus
    Christ, seriously? If being PC means being considerate of other people, what is the problem?! People includes you, but dang. Do you want to be stank THAT bad? Is your life so effed that your only joy is being a stank --- grotsky
    ? LOL Seriously, stop complaining about PCness and go say what you feel....what you're really complaining about is the consequences of acting like a stank
    ----! LOL! So what, you want to go back to 1932 where you could say
    , ---, and whatever other slurs with impunity? Do it, then. But please don't act brand
    new when someone tells you that you're a donkey for not evolving with the rest of us! LOL #knowbetterdobetter

--rant over--

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • wavypenwavypen Registered Users Posts: 253 Curl Neophyte
    When he was first running, I thought it was really funny, because he's so ridiculous, like a walking caricature of himself. The amount of support he's getting is becoming disturbing.

Also he's not just concerned about immigration, he is flat out racist. He said that Mexicans (who come over the border illegally) are rapists.

I think in addition to not understanding what the president does, he also doesn't understand the constitution, how government power is divided and what powers various branches have or how laws are made generally (I think he needs to watch that old cartoon about bills), and that one cannot just overturn amendments or parts of them with ease and the 14th amendment is one of the more important ones.
    curlyarca wrote: »
    And um....David Duke LOVES the media. Are you kidding. The man wore Nazi uniforms to class as an undergrad at LSU. My old boss went to school with him. He bathes in the attention, just laps it up. "The media" didn't make him blatantly racist and anti-Semitic.

people complain about people being PC and how "PC things are today". Then as soon as ---- gets real for THEM, we're supposed to put in prayer requests and good vibes and how they have feelings too. Jesus
    Christ, seriously? If being PC means being considerate of other people, what is the problem?! People includes you, but dang. Do you want to be stank THAT bad? Is your life so effed that your only joy is being a stank --- grotsky
    ? LOL Seriously, stop complaining about PCness and go say what you feel....what you're really complaining about is the consequences of acting like a stank
    , ---, and whatever other slurs with impunity? Do it, then. But please don't act brand
    new when someone tells you that you're a donkey for not evolving with the rest of us! LOL #knowbetterdobetter

--rant over--

Who said David Duke does not love the media? Was anyone defending David Duke? If you were born in the 70s and alert enough to watch the news in the 80s you know exactly who David Duke is. I still crack up over the Grand Wizard crap. He was in the Klan for a second in his 20s but the first thing you always see is "Long time leader of the Klan". The man has a million other eff ups to focus on as well. It's media drama in politics as usual.

And people really are fed up with everything PC. Rant away. They say it all the time. If they are fed up enough to push Donald Trump, you know it's gotten out of hand. And since when is not picking every damn thing to death considered evolution? I would not piss on Trump if he was on fire but PC is no longer a respectful notion. It went past that in the 90s. It's a constant whine about the feels.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    He says whatever he thinks sounds good. Sadly a certain faction believe it and don't see it means nothing, has no back up and all he'd do is screw everyone over for his ego and make even his "own party" (whatever that really is) a living hell as well. Thing is I think he so believes himself he'll run third party.

Next behind him is Ben Carson who said today, and I AM quoting, "There is no war on women. There may be a war on what's inside of women, but there is no war on women in this country."😱😱😱😱
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    chupie wrote: »
    He says whatever he thinks sounds good. Sadly a certain faction believe it and don't see it means nothing, has no back up and all he'd do is screw everyone over for his ego and make even his "own party" (whatever that really is) a living hell as well. Thing is I think he so believes himself he'll run third party.

Next behind him is Ben Carson who said today, and I AM quoting, "There is no war on women. There may be a war on what's inside of women, but there is no war on women in this country."��������

I've not kept up with a lot of his media drama either. *I try to filter out the typical hyperbole and stick to the meat and potatoes of the matter.* I came across a few uproar stories the day he commented on planned parenthood and the large nbr of black children being aborted each year (and his further explanations). I have actually heard those views from several people over the years so he is not alone there. I kind of shrugged on that one. What do you say? People have mixed emotions, feelings and views on when life begins. The HuffPo article I read was very... How stupid is he to think a child in the womb counts as a life?? The child never took a breath out of the sack. He should know what that means. Then you think... Well, why are some women taking prenatal vitamins and reading to their stomachs? Why are they thinking of names? Why are they avoiding several different foods, drinking a ton of water, on and on. Because they have life inside of them? Idk. People are going to argue on that one based on views (and not always driven by religion). I have not read about the war on women quotes but I think women need to worry more about other women.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think he clearly admitted there is a war on women. Or at least on wonen's vaginas.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    I think he clearly admitted there is a war on women. Or at least on wonen's vaginas.

I'll look and see what the fuss is about now. After pro life and pro choice were both hammering him for possibly taking part in brain tumor research possibly done with aborted fetuses in 1992 and for being in favor of giving the abortion pill to rape victims who come into the ER, I threw my hands up.

This?
    Ben Carson: There’s a ‘war on what’s inside of women, but not a war on women’

"There is no war on women. There *may-be* a war on what is inside of women, but there is no war *on* women".

I'd say that is correct. Pro-Life & Pro Choice groups have been fighting that war for some time now. I'm assuming that is who (and children are what) he is talking about with the 'some people/some groups'. They drive me crazy. I personally do not agree with late term abortions (unless it's a medical necessity), with excessive abortions (I've known women who have had 5 abortions as opposed to buying a box of damn condoms), and I personally could not have one unless I was a victim of rape or my life was in danger. So I can not say I disagree with a lot of what Ben Carson says BUT I have never had the urge to place my personal views on other women. I've not been in their shoes, but I still see no reason to have 5 damn abortions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Omg. I have also seen him outright say that Mexicans are rapists. He's unbelievable. I also have seen the footage of people saying "he's just saying what everyone is thinking". Like **** off, don't speak for me (even though i'm not American and have no say either way).

Ben Carson can also do one.

eveum wrote: »
    Omg. I have also seen him outright say that Mexicans are rapists. He's unbelievable. I also have seen the footage of people saying "he's just saying what everyone is thinking". Like **** off, don't speak for me (even though i'm not American and have no say either way).

Ben Carson can also do one.

It's basically pointless to make a statement like that unless you say and so are.... No one group holds the title on being rapists.

The only thing that makes me go :-/ ... is the info I get back when I run drivers license or ID. You do run into a particular problem with immigrants that you do not run into with other groups. I can not even begin to tell you how many times I see messages that say this person may be wanted for rape (usually serial rapes) or a violent murder, contact ICE if it is a match, etc. It gets tricky because they will have the same name or often share one of the alias names given (there are normally 15), date of birth, hair color, eye color, often height but the weight may be up and down. It might just say tattoo on neck, right shoulder and left leg but not give further description and if a photo is not available you are never 100% sure if it is the same person. (and I go over physical descriptors with a fine tooth comb when a possible flag like that is involved. why wouldn't I? it's not something to take lightly). It's a unique situation to a specific group and one you do not deal with in the same way when it comes to other citizens. *One that makes the people who often see it cross their fingers, toes and hope it's not the same person, for the sake of other women.* It's really no more or no less than anyone else who rapes. It's the uncertainty of the situation, and he's playing that up due to a recent high profile case. We have people in my county who sell names, ID's and Socials to people who come in this country. You can find them everywhere. It results in a cluster.

That said, still a duh moment. They guy who raped me, who I had went thru high school with/considered a friend and dated, happened to be Mexican-American but I still don't run around yelling Mexican are rapists. (If I did I could blame it on PTSD).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Slightly off topic but that would be why I also do NOT agree with the "Teach Men Not to Rape" initiative. Both are a little too sweeping for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I agree^ What a horrible thing for a boy/young male to have to grow up thinking. Knowing that when they are men they are to be treated with instant suspicion and are not to be trusted with women, alone with children etc. Men are not programmed to rape. Give them some credit for gods sake. I will not entertain that BS

• CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    If that's the best the GOP has, then what a ****ing joke.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

eveum wrote: »
    I agree^ What a horrible thing for a boy/young male to have to grow up thinking. Knowing that when they are men they are to be treated with instant suspicion and are not to be trusted with women, alone with children etc. Men are not programmed to rape. Give them some credit for gods sake. I will not entertain that BS

Exactly!! The majority are not rapists, well aware it wrong and they are, contrary to popular belief, exposed to numerous messages about rape being wrong thru their lives. That is not going to stop a rapist. It won't.

As far as the Trump hoopla goes, below is at least 2 of the cases he is playing off of. The first is brutal. This poor woman was raped and tortured.

Chief blames immigration policy in woman's murder - CNN.com

Police say Martinez has had numerous run-ins with the law, including an incident shortly before the attack on Pharis.

"Two weeks before this murder, Santa Maria police officers arrested him for possession of meth, and you know what we had to do? We had to cite him out. That's the problem with this system. This is not just in Santa Maria. This is all over the state of California and all over the United States," Martin said.

The chief singled out California's Assembly Bill 109-- an effort to comply with the U.S. Supreme Court's mandate to reduce the prison populations in state prisons -- and Prop 47, which makes most nonviolent drug and property crimes misdemeanors, as the reasons that Martinez was able to commit the crimes of which he's accused.

State law, the statement said, dictates when police can detain someone based on a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainer request, while a federal court has ruled that placing someone in custody based only on an ICE detainer request may leave a local law enforcement outlet liable for violating that person's constitutional rights.

^^ it absolutely leaves you liable and special interest groups will be crawling the walls of the building when it happens. The population as a whole will be climbing up law enforcements ass after something like this happens. (Unless you're a college student. Then you are just worried about the lyrics to blurred lines.)

CNN also cites and asks if the San Fran murder of Kate Steinle, linked to an illegal immigrant who had been deported 5 times and released by San Fran PD just before due to the liability of holding him on ICE detainer for a charge where no violent crime was committed, was the fault of the police. (NOT REALLY BUT CNN LIKES BLAMING THE POLICE).

Suspect in San Francisco woman's death deported 5 times - CNN.com

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation and is a result of a faulty system, on multiple/multiple levels. Starts at the top and is often voted on by the public. But it often gets boiled down to down to the bad police, dangerous illegals everywhere or racists (which special interest groups ask potential candidates to apologize for based laws, that do have their fault, that went into place in the 90s for various reasons). It's a circus *and one that personally makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable. If you were the one combing thru possible ICE hits, trying to determine if the person who an officer is out with may or may not be a serial rapist/murderer who has been deported 1234 times (serious revolving door), it gets frustrating. I'd personally take my chances with a group that marches in their lawyers and calls you a racist for attempting to keep the public safe based on ICE's word as opposed to letting an illegal serial rapist pass. I've seen it happen with my local law enforcement after helping ICE. BUT... Wtf. Over crowding in prison and making a mistake/detaining a person on limited info are both problems too. One more so than the other.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fifi.G wrote: »

I'll look and see what the fuss is about now. After pro life and pro choice were both hammering him for possibly taking part in brain tumor research possibly done with aborted fetuses in 1992 and for being in favor of giving the abortion pill to rape victims who come into the ER, I threw my hands up.

This?
    Ben Carson: There’s a ‘war on what’s inside of women, but not a war on women’

"There is no war on women. There *may-be* a war on what is inside of women, but there is no war *on* women".

I'd say that is correct. Pro-Life & Pro Choice groups have been fighting that war for some time now. I'm assuming that is who (and children are what) he is talking about with the 'some people/some groups'. They drive me crazy. I personally do not agree with late term abortions (unless it's a medical necessity), with excessive abortions (I've known women who have had 5 abortions as opposed to buying a box of damn condoms), and I personally could not have one unless I was a victim of rape or my life was in danger. So I can not say I disagree with a lot of what Ben Carson says BUT I have never had the urge to place my personal views on other women. I've not been in their shoes, but I still see no reason to have 5 damn abortions.

" BUT I have never had the urge to place my personal views on other women." Pretty much the whole point of pro-choice. End of story.
    I think you are both missing the point about "teach men not to rape". It's only necessary because rape culture is still so ingrained not least because of the ideas like Carsons that there's a war against what's inside women, which makes us negligible vessels to do with what men please. Yes the problem is that it just imposes a bandaid over the actual problem.
  • tengoRizostengoRizos Registered Users Posts: 195
    curlyarca wrote: »

--rant over--

CurlyArca you are my favorite! I have been trying to articulate this for a while. I don't consider certain things politically correct, I call it not being a a$$hole. But if you say what you want and defend yourself by saying you don't agree with being PC, don't act all persecuted when I call you on your bull$hit.
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

I'm not missing any point about teaching men not to rape. The meaning is clear as day. I just don't agree that its necessary. Men are not born rapists. I don't believe in rape culture. I really don't think it exists and I'm tired of it being thrown around like it means something. It's a sensationalist buzzword. And no, bcause I don't agree with something doesn't mean i don't "get it", or that I'm some victim of the "patriarchy". I just have a different viewpoint.

----

We don't have abortion politics here, which is why I find it mind boggling that America does. I will never respect anyone who brings religion into politics. I just won't. I think it is such a **** move to enforce your morals onto a whole nation. And when did banning anything stop people? If a woman doesnt want a baby you can bet she isnt going to have one. It will just increase the amount of backstreet abortions which inevitably just harms women. I rarely say this because I'm not a feminist but pro-life is 100% anti woman. You can bet your ass that if some radical pro lifer was up for prime minister here I would be on the first train ticket to Scotland.

• tengoRizostengoRizos Registered Users Posts: 195
    RE: teaching them not to rape. It's a stupid name. We should call it Teaching What Rape Is...some men dont believe that having sex with a woman who is too drunk to function is rape. We need to teach men to stop congratulating their friends for "getting with the drunk girl" at parties. Teach them to step up and say something when they see rape happening or about to happen. Let's teach everyone the rules of consent. Because teaching all of that leads to fewer rapes
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

Education is a wonderful thing. But it can be taken too far. I'm talking about needing written consent by both parties before anything can happen. When alcohol is involved it becomes a massive grey area. Drunk/tipsy people can still be capable of giving consent. I Don't think sex should come with such strict guidelines that people are afraid of doing anything.

There are undoubtedly some really backwards, ignorant and old fashioned ways that some men and women have when it comes to rape. I don't think it's a cultural or societal issue though. Which is why I will never use the term rape culture.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file