We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Help with curly hair routine!

Hello fellow curly's!

I've been using DevaCurl religiously for 2-3 years now after a new hair dresser suggested it. For the most part my first day hair is awesome. Hardly any frizz, defined curls, soft to the touch, and I love it! I use No-Poo, OC (usually leave it in) and then air dry. Then, the second day my hair seems to feel dry, lifeless and frizzy.

Do I wash my hair second day? If so, what should I do? I usually skip the No-Poo and go straight for another dose of OC but my curls just don't seem the same. Maybe my Devacurl is weighing my curls down too much the second day? I can definitely feel a build up of product some times. I tried moving away from Devacurl and my hair died. It was flat and I was unimpressed so I quickly started my regime back up.

I am new to the community and I need some help!
What products work for you? If you use Devacurl what is your routine?

I have 3B curls, some 3A and fine textured hair.

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    Do you know if you have hard water? I had similar issues with DevaCurl. On a whim I tried their DevaCare line (white label, orange-ish product), which has vitamin C (vitamin C is excellent for preventing hard water buildup). The difference was amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • DonnalouMangoneDonnalouMangone Posts: 2Registered Users
    I'm not sure if I have hard water, as I live in a fairly large city. I will have to try their DevaCare line!
    Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file