Vitamins for hair growth?

FluffyAfroBabyFluffyAfroBaby Registered Users Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
I've been natural since 9th grade. I think my hair is growing, but not as much as I want. So, I was wondering if teenagers should/can use vitamins for hair growth? I'm 17 btw, but I'm not so sure whether or not to use them. If so, what vitamins should I use? Also, did it work for anyone else? Thank you

Comments

• nappymiminappymimi Registered Users Posts: 75
    hair supplements like hair infinity, hair skin and nails etc are kinda expensive but you can try them. cheaper vitamins are folic acid, etc...check a pharmacy, they can help
  • curlysophiecurlysophie Registered Users Posts: 216 Curl Neophyte
    From what I've heard, hair vitamins only work IF your body is truly lacking the nutrients that are in them. So that might be something you want to keep in mind :)
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
  • BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Registered Users Posts: 375 Curl Neophyte
    From what I've heard, hair vitamins only work IF your body is truly lacking the nutrients that are in them. So that might be something you want to keep in mind :)

This is absolutely true. If you ever go to the vitamins section and just looked at Biotin, you'll notice that as the strength increases so does the price. The problem is your body will only absorb as much as it needs and waste the rest. So, you could spend 30$ for super strength Biotin and may not use it all. It'll literally be money down the drain.

It's best to be patient and keep your hair healthy as it grows. Keeping up with split ends and things like that go a long way to keeping your hair long rather than making it grow faster.

~Belle Bohemienne
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file