Ashley Madison Hack

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
So, what's everyone think?

Check for any names??

Will people sue AM?

Feel sorry for anyone involved?
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    I say, "Ha the eff Ha!"

Yep

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    I have really mixed feelings on this. Don't get me wrong, I completely disagree with the idea of a site like Ashley Madison, and don't exactly have favorable views of the type that would use this service. But at the same time, I also don't think that two wrongs make a right. I can't really bring myself to give kudos to hackers, no matter how much I might believe that, in this instance, maybe this was just karma. i just can't buy into vigilante style justice, no matter how much i might agree with the cause.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    I feel similar, Corrina. And while I'm sure 99% of these people were sleezy, I can't help but feel for the few who may have joined while single, or at another point in their life and are stuck trying to explain this away.

Then again, if you trust the person you're with, you wouldn't be checking the records.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    what's the point of this? people have cheated long before that site was ever thought of and there'll still be cheating after this hack. in 6 months, will anyone even remember a blip any of cheaters' information? Most people cheat with people they already know as opposed to random internet strangers. a woman once told me that the corporate world is a breeding ground for affairs. i've never heard any success stories from AM anyway, even from serial cheaters.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    What do you mean by success stories?
    Audrey Hepburn
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Josh Dugger.....Glad he was found out.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Ethel_CookEthel_Cook Registered Users Posts: 49
    I can't help but to think of the word "KARMA"...My personal take though. :) But I sometimes think it is part of a huge marketing strategy to draw more attention or to simply shut the business out.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    Glad people are getting found out. Here's an idea: if you don't love your spouse enough to be monogamous, don't be with them. Tell them and separate. Don't sneak behind their back, betray their trust, possibly wreck your family, just so you can get your kicks. It's pathetic and disgusting.

I remember hearing about this one guy who was saying how he actually fell in love with the woman he was having an affair with on AM and how he doesn't find his wife attractive and love her. And he was like 'so my information is in the hacker's hands and if they release it then that'll be okay, because I'm in love with the woman I've met'.

Hmm, yeah. And yet you won't tell your wife yourself? You're just sitting there waiting to see if a hacker releases the info? And if they don't, then I bet he'll carry up with his little double-life.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    I would take a wild guess that the majority of people already knew their spouse was cheating. That is usually the way it works and has worked for... ever, without the internet magically confirming it.

I don't really know what this accomplishes. It shuts down the site, perhaps, but others are waiting in line. Men and women will continue cheating. They will just be more careful next time. Keep their DL on the LL. It's some gossip for the masses brought to you by those on a trip.

**I felt the same about the Heidi Fleiss crap. What? Madams!?!? Famous humans cheat too? You don't say? She ended up with book deals and movies. It all blew over. Everyone kept on keeping on.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What do you mean by success stories?

People who actually found affair partners from there. One guy told me there were a bunch of hookers and fake profiles on there, another woman told me she met a few guys and they were "weirdos". They still cheated though, just with people not on AM.

My best friend told me to make a fake profile on there because she had a strong hunch that her fiancé was cheating and he had that website in his history. He was a head neurosurgeon and although he didn't bite my "bait", he was still f*cking half the hospital.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)

• dollydaggerdollydagger Registered Users Posts: 36
    shady sounding company ...
    enabling shady behaviour
    ...whos getting screwed and f'd over now huh..?
    looks good on them
    karmic retribution :P
    2 b/c Botticelli
    Fine-ish strands with fine-medium density and high porosity
    Co wash- like to change it up-currently rotating a few shea moisture ones (restorative, thickening, and noni) as well as giovannis tripple treat and smooth as silk.
    Favourite stylers- kinky curly curling custard, curl keeper
    Favourite deep conditioning mask- Shea mositure Yucca strengthening FTW! .. this ones great for noticeably improving elasticity
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I thought it was a trojan horse. So it's real?

Like a virus??

No, hackers (a lot of the techy forums are saying it was an inside job) stole the info. They posted two names a few moths ago and said if AM didn't take their site down, they would post all customers.

Site didn't go down, names went up!
    Audrey Hepburn

Like a virus??

No, hackers (a lot of the techy forums are saying it was an inside job) stole the info. They posted two names a few moths ago and said if AM didn't take their site down, they would post all customers.

Site didn't go down, names went up!

Yes, I thought it was just a ploy to get ppl to log on to the site and their HD would become infected. It just seemed like such an obviously ploy. But OK, it's a real site. What kind? A hookup site for married ppl?

Why would ppl have used their real names?

Now you can just log on and search for anyone's name?

LOL

Yep, it's a site just for people who want to cheat.

It's a paid site, so I'm assuming that why the real names are involved. Wouldn't be user names, but would be tied to profiles for the company to see.

Dozens of sites have uploaded the info, you can search by name, address, email, etc.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Lotsawaves wrote: »

Duggar again??? That boy is outta control. His poor wife...how would she be able to stay w/ him after all this?

• RimiRimi Registered Users Posts: 2,001 Curl Neophyte
    People should definitely sue AM, but I don't feel sorry for them at all.

What the hackers did was actually quite brilliant. I'm all for Internet privacy, but sometimes vigilante justice has its place.

Ha!
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    I don't really know what this accomplishes. It shuts down the site, perhaps, but others are waiting in line. Men and women will continue cheating. They will just be more careful next time. Keep their DL on the LL. It's some gossip for the masses brought to you by those on a trip.

Exactly. There are numerous married or attached people posing as single on the more "legit" dating sites like match, pof, okc, etc...which is much worse than being on AM.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)

Duggar again??? That boy is outta control. His poor wife...how would she be able to stay w/ him after all this?

The family will pray, and this "test" will bring them all closer to God.

People quote from a family friend.
    Audrey Hepburn
    She will stay with him becuz of the cult she was raised in. I hope he will keep his hands off of his children. This may sound extreme but I feel if he thought it was OK to molest his sisters & to be unfaithful to his wife, he could be capable of anything.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Hubby's in charge, he's said sorry, that's the end of it. She'll stay, it'll happen again, wash, rinse, repeat.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Cheating on your spouse isn't a crime so the hackers must have wanted money from AM. There are much worse things people do in the world every day. I agree with Fifi that most people being cheated on already know their spouse is cheating so the relationship was already broken before the affair.

The only people who deserve to be shamed are the ones that make a living or crusade by shaming others for their "family values." And it seems like Josh Duggar wasn't the only one caught for "unChristian" and indecent behavior. There are some politicians too.

I also agree with Catitude that cheating won't end. Certain professions and lifestyles encourage infidelity. And I also think there are a lot of people who get married for the wrong reasons, which makes cheating easier than dealing with the marital issues or divorcing and walking away from a picture perfect life. Cheating IMO is cowardly, but it's extremely common.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    The Hackers are already sending blackmail threats to the men. They're demanding $450. Isn't a lot of money, but it can add up to a lot.

I was cheated on in my marriage & also in a relationship. It's painful. It is very disrespectful to your partner.
    From Michael Berg:

• eveumeveum Registered Users Posts: 744 Curl Neophyte
    The Hackers are already sending blackmail threats to the men. They're demanding $450. Isn't a lot of money, but it can add up to a lot.

I was cheated on in my marriage & also in a relationship. It's painful. It is very disrespectful to your partner.

I agree and I don't think its right to dismiss cheating because its common or because there are worse things people can do.

I'm speaking as someone who's parents are currently going through a divorce resulting from an affair. The process has caused me to gain weight and feel depressed and angry for a long time. It's been the unhappiest period of my life and it's still going on. It's extremely painful to go through and every scum bag on that site should be ashamed, especially if they have children.

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Cheating is horrible to the person you cheat on. It is also cowardly. I don't agree with it. At the same time, though, I don't like the idea of shaming everyday people for cheating. For most people, by the time someone cheats, the relationship has been obviously broken for awhile. I find this to be a private manner and don't see a place for the shaming in the public sphere, unless the cheater has made fidelity a huge part of his/her public persona.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    Demanding $ from the cheating men? LOL....so now we see their real intent. At first I thought they were trying to feign being the moral police but they're even more lame than before. Demanding $ for what exactly? If these people are on AM in the first place, chances are they have cheated before and will cheat again. People get too hung up on this particular site & story...don't you know there are other ways to find people to cheat with?

Since it is so prevalent, (50% of people cheat) how can you *really* avoid infidelity? Besides just never being in a relationship. These kinds of sensational news stories come out & don't do anything but generate hysteria and a lynch mob mentality. However, they offer no healing solutions or resources for those who have been betrayed in a relationship. But the hackers' pockets are getting filled....yay!

*vomit*
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)

• tengoRizostengoRizos Registered Users Posts: 195
    The way I've heard it (this may be incorrect because it is 2ndhand, so take it with a grain of salt) is that the hackers were AM members. Only 60% of the accounts were actual people and the other 40% were bots created by AM. And these bots would communicate with you, scamming the real users out of $$ because AM is a pay per message system. So people would spend tons of money hoping to find someone, only to find out it was a bot. The hackers warned AM that is they didn't cut out this practice, they would hack the servers and release user info. AM tried to call their bluff and still kept up with the bots so the hackers made good on their promise.

I don't know if that changes perspective on either side of the issue, but it seems it wasn't quite straight up blackmail.
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

Then why are they blackmailing these men? I heard AM is getting sued by 2 Canadian law firms for over 500M.
    From Michael Berg:

• PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    The other part I read was that AM had a paid feature that would delete your account info permanently and they didn't really- which is the way they can be sued by the users (those who paid to be deleted and truly werent)

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file