Help with the products my wavy, fine hair needs

silmachausesilmachause Registered Users Posts: 8
Hello! My hair is 2b-2c , low porosity, low-medium density( depending on the area of my head), fine and its length is medium. I need help because i follow th CG Method but I don't find the products my hair needs, my hair looks heavy, dry and with no shine at all. I'm using the shea moisture shampoo and conditioner and cream.
I need your help. Thanks:p

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    If your hair is low porosity, the SheaMoisture products might not be the best for you. Shea butter sits on top of the hair shaft and does not penetrate very well. I wonder what would happen if you did an oil treatment pre-poo? Both coconut oil and sunflower oil are supposed to penetrate the hair shaft well, so they are good for low porosity hair. You could try rubbing just a few drops of either oil into your hair, let it sit for several hours, and then shampoo it out (use a low poo; some people can get it out with just co-washing also, I think).

Coconut oil can make some people's hair crunchy, just as a warning. Not everyone's hair likes it. (Mine gets crunchy, and it's hard to wash out. But my hair loves sunflower oil.)
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • NvmbrCurlssNvmbrCurlss Registered Users Posts: 732 Curl Neophyte
    Giovanni?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
    LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
    NoP: As I Am CC
    RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
    LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    We have similar properties and some of my products are in my signature (though spiral solutions is currently offline).

I'll share my routine and maybe some of the same products will work for you. Right now here is my routine: wash with either shea moisture fruit fusion weightless shampoo or trader joe's tea tree tingle shampoo, condition with aubrey organics GPB or J.A.Y., or John Masters Lavender and Avocado.
    After shower: part hair into small sections and squeeze out all the water with microfiber towel. Then I spray a mixture of Jessicurl Spiralicious with some Spiral Solutions (conditioning products, as leave ins). I find that I need a product with hold with anything I put in my hair, hence why I mix spiralicious in with my leave ins. I spray in some Aubrey Organics medium hold hairspray. Then some homemade gelatin hair gel with added protein and epsom salt. Then I start to diffuse. Then add some Ouidad Climate Control Gel. Then diffuse. Then add Sweet Curls Elixirs crazy curly hard hold gel (with added protein and epsom salt). Then diffuse more. Then add living proof curl mousse. Then diffuse. Then some biosilk rock hard gelee. Finish Diffusing. SOTC. Hope that is helpful to you!

I agree that Shea Moisture (with the exception of Fruit Fusion) is way too heavy for people with our hair properties.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • MeiMei Registered Users Posts: 259 Curl Neophyte
    I use Shea Moisture products 2-4 times a month, just to clarify because they are quite powerful at getting rid of buildup, especially their shampoos. Even though they are CG friendly they could easily strip the hair of oils with regular use. The rest of the time I strictly use Deva. Most 2s, especially fine/dense/low porosity 2s, need lighter products with still a good amount of hold (depending on climate). I use the Ultra Defining Gel up here in Canada but when I am down in Georgia with my boyfriend, I use the Light Defining Gel.
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file