3c/4a New to short hair (NOT BIG CHOP) need help finding products and good routine

allonsyallonsy Posts: 1Registered Users
Hair type: 3c/4a, high density, coarse, medium to high porosity

I recently cut off my hair (NOT THE BIG CHOP). I had long natural hair (elbow length when straightened) but I'm moving and wanted a change so I donated my hair and got the rest cut into a tapered style.

I got a Deva cut and love it but do not like their products. The Deva curl gel makes my hair feel crispy, heavy and dry though it defines my curls well. I need help developing a new routine for my hair. I find that the really short hairs at the back of my head and on the side frizz up terribly and lose their curl entirely. I have very dark black hair.

1.Any product recs? I want the hold and definition of Deva curl gel without the heavy, sticky product feeling.

I would also like to keep the curls in the back of my head defined.

I have had long hair my entire life so I literally don't know what to do!

2.How do I keep my hair soft and curly without needing to constantly wash it!? I would prefer to only wash my hair once per week. :sad1:

Comments

• LanteyahLanteyah Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hi, I use flaxseed gel for my short hair. I don't use a diffuser as it makes my hair puffy.

Perhaps eco styler will work for you. It didn't for me, but its worth a try.
  • adthomasadthomas Curl Neophyte Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    With gels you have to take into account what you're using underneath it as well. Like I use Ecostyler with a max hold but it doesn't make my hair crunchy like some people because I use li and oil to. So before you decide you hate that gel, I would experiment. You could also try some of the custards and curl activator gels that are out there.
    Also while you'd prefer to wash your hair once a week you really need to go by how often your hair likes to be washed or drenched in water.. I can't remember the last time I washed my hair once a week. Not happening here. I use refresher sprays in between washes.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file