Using henna to go darker

clarabeauclarabeau Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi everyone, I've been doing a lot of research on dyeing with henna and am pretty close to taking the plunge! My current hair color is the same as it is in my profile photo, and I'm looking to get it a very dark brown--I wish I could link a photo, but can't since I'm a new user--something close to Megan Fox, basically?

-Since I'm going darker, I'd be using something like a 2/3 indigo 1/3 henna blend? I have read that indigo fades whereas henna is a bit more permanent; does this mean that I'm going to fade to a reddish color, or will it fade to something like the brown I have now? (Or not fade at all?)
-If I do get any fading from the indigo, how often do you think I'll need to redye? Would I use the same ration of henna to indigo?
-This is super region-specific, but has anyone bought from the hennavancouver website (again, sorry I can't link)? Or might someone be able to vouch for the brand of henna they sell (BAQ Triple Sifted Organic Rajasthani Henna and organic Indigo powder)? I've been having a hard time finding a store that will affordably ship to Canada.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Kitkatcute20Kitkatcute20 Registered Users Posts: 8
    OMG im in the same boat as you.im looking to dye my hair like dark dark black and this is my first time ever doing this..i cant seem to find where to buy the stuff though..in-store..im located in nyc..any help is appreciated! good luck ;-)
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    I've seen videos of people getting darker hair with henna. I've not used indigo, but have heard that it fades after a month. Sorry I cannot be of more help; don't know about the shop you mentioned. The only place I've ordered henna from is Mehandi.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • diikadiika Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hair color black is still a favorite of mine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file