West Virginia Sex Worker

Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
Deserves a slow clap for defending herself against an alleged Serial Killer.

Hooker shoots dead a likely ‘serial killer’ | New York Post

"I grabbed my rake and when he tried to take it out of my hands, I shot him".
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Glad she survived.

Can't believe there is still a market for this.

• CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    ^ it is the world's oldest profession (& oppression), after all.

good for her.

more women should be armed.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    It is the worlds oldest profession and often a necessity in low income areas though the nbrs are smaller in many rural towns. Johnson City TN has always been an exception. You might find a prostitute or two in my county but are more likely to find women selling their daughters bodies for drug money. Jesus.

Back on topic, I am glad she survived too and in the process took out a serial killer. That is scary.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Unfortunately it's a big industry where I live. And there will definitely always be a demand for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using CurlTalk App
    Josephine wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's a big industry where I live. And there will definitely always be a demand for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using CurlTalk App

I do not doubt that. I would see more in the closest (small) city to me but they either cracked down in the late 90s or they moved areas. I knew which streets they worked at night. It was the streets that had my favorite shops on it. Really funky clothing stores, retro thrift stores, etc. All those were closed at night but it was close to a large building that held concerts & games so it had a lot of traffic.

I think most people in rural areas keep it behind closed doors and quiet though we have had a few working highways, on and off. Nothing regular and no where near safe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I heard we were number one for sex trafficking, it's really sad. My ex from 10 years ago actually had a runaway come into his gas station and called the police. She was underage of course. Now there are signs at the quick trips to indicate that it's a safe place if you're trying to hide. Regular prostitution is big here too and I believe the sugar babies/daddies website is based out of Atlanta. Sometimes I just forget this side of the city.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/us/sex-trafficking/
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
    That's what that means????? I always wondered why there was a a safe place sign at the QTs. I'm so slow.......
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    I think safe places are a great idea, if you have the nbrs for it. I never understand where those who object are coming from. Some women are going to do it, period. There is nothing wrong with a well lit area or places they can quickly access for help.

There are numerous ways to do it now. Everything from standing on a corner to standing in the Hilton. There are numerous women in the trade who take offense to the term sex trafficking but I don't think one can leave out that there are many young girls sucked or forced into it that have a hard time getting out. Just as many that do the job willingly, enjoy it and the money. All are at some type of risk, but some more than others. I worry more about those standing on the corners.

I guess it also gets tricky b/c a lot of the sex trafficking studies are vague, too. They include nbrs like 30,564 teens were reported as "missing or running away from home" in 2012. Okay. How many returned? I enter run away/missing juveniles into the national data base all the flipping time and I also get runaway/missing alerts from other areas in NC all day and all night. Charlotte is the worst. A kid is 3 hours late every 10 minutes (and this is understandable but the problem with not waiting 24 hours to enter). The entry is also typically canceled a few hours later because the teen came from a long date. They pull from the entry nbrs, not the accurate total, which boosts the stats. Out of the true missing, not all of them are sucked into sex trafficking. It's an issue, with out a doubt, but a complex one. When it comes to those involved, it is easy to forget about that side. Especially now with the Internet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And I just mention the above because I hate seeing parents panic about sex trafficking because of overblown stats. That still makes it a serious issue for those involved but it's not quite as catastrophic as it seems.'The nbrs of teens reported missing yearly are absurd. 30,000 is not even close. It's way up there but not "confirmed" missing/runaway. It's "reported" missing/runaway. Huge difference but they all somehow get lumped into sex trafficking as a whole. Little Tina Marie who decided to sneak off with her boyfriend for night is not at risk of being sold into sex trafficking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    And I just mention the above because I hate seeing parents panic about sex trafficking because of overblown stats. That still makes it a serious issue for those involved but it's not quite as catastrophic as it seems.'The nbrs of teens reported missing yearly are absurd. 30,000 is not even close. It's way up there but not "confirmed" missing/runaway. It's "reported" missing/runaway. Huge difference but they all somehow get lumped into sex trafficking as a whole. Little Tina Marie who decided to sneak off with her boyfriend for night is not at risk of being sold into sex trafficking.

And I'm sure there's a lot that's not actually reported.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file