Twiggy_2uTwiggy_2u Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello everyone,
My name is Jasmine and I recently well Thursday did a big chop!! Since the big chop my hair is so dry and I need help with finding the right products. My last relaxer was actually in June of 2012 and I had no growth since then!! I also used to once a week flat iron my hair on the highest temp... Yea my hair was DONE!! Excited to see where this journey takes me!!

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    Twiggy_2u wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Jasmine and I recently well Thursday did a big chop!! Since the big chop my hair is so dry and I need help with finding the right products. My last relaxer was actually in June of 2012 and I had no growth since then!! I also used to once a week flat iron my hair on the highest temp... Yea my hair was DONE!! Excited to see where this journey takes me!!

Welcome Jasmine! As, you have a very pretty name!

Congrats on becoming newly natural! Did you do your own BC or did you have a hairstylist do it?

Here's a listing of natural hair care brands that are certainly worthy of checking out:

As I Am (sold in mass retail chain stores, beauty supply stores, and Curlmart)

Shea Moisture (sold in mass retail chain stores, beauty supply stores, Curlmart, as well as thru Welcome to SheaMoisture.com - A Better Way to Beautiful )

Qhemet Biologics (Sold in Sephora and Qhemet Biologics, Inc )

Camille Rose Naturals (sold in Target stores, Curlmart, and Shop Camille Rose Naturals )

Darcy's Botanicals (sold in Curlmart and Natural Hair Care, Curly Hair Products , Natural Skin Care - Darcy's Botanicals )

Oyin Handmade (sold in Target stores, Curlmart, and Your Hair Is Awesome! Shouldn't Your Products Be Awesome Too? Oyin Handmade )

When it comes to trying new products, i can't stress enough about checking out as many reviews as you can about a product, beforehand. Also, when it comes to taking care of naturally textured hair, there's no one size fits all method that works for all curlies. As, i have seen beautiful heads of natural hair, that come from indivuduals that practice the CG Method, and i have certainly seen many heads of very beautiful looking natural hair, that come from individuals that don't practice the CG Method. It's all about your using what works best for your individual hair, okay.

It does take a level of trial and error, when it comes to finding the best products for ones hair. As, the biggest indicator of whether a product is a "hit" or "miss" is your hair itself. Therefore, always make sure to how your hair reacts to a new product, starting from the very second after you've applied it.

When it comes to helping with your natural hair growth, you can opt to start taking biotin pills. When starting out with such, i do not recommend starting out with the highest dosage. Instead, i recomnend starting out with a lowet dosage, and if you don't experience any negative side effects from such, then after you have finished your first bottle, you can choose to opt to switch to a higher dosage, if you'd like.

Good luck with your natural hair journey! :thumbup:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file