Top half of hair is really frizzy!

NellyCurls3NellyCurls3 Registered Users Posts: 5
My hair i would describe as a little 3b but mostly 3c and some 4a. Its pretty dense. The top layer of my hair doesn't like to do anything. I feel like it might be damaged bcus of the fact that i see little defined curls but its still very frizzy. So maybe protein treatment? Can someone help me? I use TGIN and Shea Moisture Products.

Comments

• JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    Beautiful hair!

If I'm not careful, I get really bad canopy frizz as well (mine is damaged, though). What has helped me the best is to do as my stylist suggested and make sure that when it's wash day, I thoroughly *saturate* my hair in conditoner, *especially* the top, damaged parts. This has helped me to get really lovely curls even in my problem areas.

I basically section my hair from the bottom and pin the rest at the top of my head with a clip, saturating each section with conditioner until it's nice and squishy before moving on to the next section. By the time I'm done my hair is really heavy. I pin it all up, do the rest of my shower things, then let it all down and rinse the excess. Then I turn off my water and move onto styling!
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Registered Users Posts: 1,308 Curl Neophyte
    I just wanted to add to JunyJu, our canopy is the most exposed to the elements and "needs" the most but we often neglect it really. I would reccomend rinsing it out upside down because the hair at the nape of your neck is always soft due to the fact that sometimes there is more moisture retained there because we tend to wash product out of our hair right side up. By doing it upside down, you kind of do the opposite and allow your canopy to hopefully retain that moisture that would normally be "accidentally" left at the nape of your neck. Hopefully, that makes sense. I was also going to say that rinsing with a cold shot of water might be worth it as well-I'll admit that I'm actually quite lazy about that as of late lol.
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
  • LoveliamLoveliam Registered Users Posts: 318 Curl Connoisseur
    Depending on how your hair likes oils, you could pre-treat with oil on dry hair and left in a plastic cap for some time before you wash.
    Leigh :)
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Mop Top Low Poo or Deva low poo
    Deva One Condition
    Deva B'leave-in for higher dews (Deva Foam for low dews).
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
    HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file