Best products at Sally's beauty supplies?

LavenderpinkLavenderpink Registered Users Posts: 1
I have 3b hair and I'm looking for leave ins, gels, oils, conditioners, anything!

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    I use their Salon Care conditioner as a co-wash, it works great since it's really light. It has some protein, not sure your hair's opinion on that. Cure Care is another Sally's conditioner that lots of people love, again with protein. If you like protein treatments, the Ion reconstructor is my favorite one. If your store carries the As I Am products, I also love their co-wash. Their gvp conditioning balm works great as a moisturizing rinse out, dt, and leave in. (Protein free.)
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • chickittenchickitten Registered Users Posts: 90 Curl Neophyte
    I second Generic Value Products (GVP) Conditioning Balm. I like because it's so versatile- I use it as a rinse out conditioner alone, sometimes I mix it with my deep treatment masques, and other times I use it as my leave in. I noticed it doesn't build up on my hair or scalp which is an absolute must.
    I recently purchased the ION Effective Care Treatment- a lot of curlies on here like to use this as a protein treatment/conditioner. I'm still trying it out and seeing if I like it or not. I like to stock up on Shea Moisture products when they have sales. Other people are fans of the As I Am Co-Wash and the Leave in Conditioner, I personally haven't tried them but hopefully sometime in the future!
    :cat:
    2C/3A. med-high porosity. waist length. balayaged. LI - Curl Keeper - G.:duckie:
    My Faves
        [*]S: SM ABS. SM Manuka Honey. Ouidad Superfruit Clarifying[*]Condish: GVP Cond. Balm
        [*]Gel: CURL KEEPER! (alone or under the following:), LA LOOKS Sport/Mega
        [*]Cream: SM CES
        [*]LI: As I Am LI
        [*] PT: Aphogee 2-step (1x Month), ION EC (discont.)
      • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Registered Users Posts: 1,308 Curl Neophyte
        Does Sally's carry CURLS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
        *Current Routine*
        LP: SM RSB
        CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
        DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
        LI: a CO, KCKT
        Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
        Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
        Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
        :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
      • CurlsnswirlsCurlsnswirls Registered Users Posts: 865 Curl Neophyte
        Does Sally's carry CURLS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App

Mine does. I was surprised when I saw several brands including "Curls".

I LOVE GVP conditioning balm, it's a staple for me. My daughter loves Biotera gel. Shea moisture shampoos and conditioners are great. Biotera also has a nice conditioner (moisturizing one?- read the label). I also like As I Am leave in conditioner. They carry Ecostyler.
      • ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
        Sally's sells the retail line of CURLS products, not the professional CURLS line. I just thought that i'd let you know, so that you wouldn't end up confused.

Right now, Sally's is carrying an abundant of natural haircare lines and products. Here's just a quick listing of some of the following natural haircare lines that can be found there:

Jessicurl
        CURLS (retail line)
        My DNA
        Jane Carter Solutions
        Miss Jessies
        Eden BodyWorks
        Carol's Daughter
        Alikay Naturals
        As I Am
        Shea Moisture

The As I Am Coconut Cowash is a very popular product amongst a lot of curlies. The only reason why i stopped using it, is because there's something in it that started to irritate my scalp. However, it is certainly worth trying nonetheless. Shea Moisture offers a wide range of products, so their products are deginitely worthy of checking out. Also, the GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm is an excellent product that i just started using, and definitely can say that i will most surely continue to re-purchase it. I do use it to DC with, and i do like how soft and moisturized it leaves my curls. However, there are curlies that do happen to use it both as a rinse out and leave in conditioner. There's also the Salon Care Remoisturizer Conditioner (that is Sally's own knockoff of the Unicure Conditioner). It is sold in gallon size, and i was able to get it for a very low marked down price. The female associate had told me that it wa marked down with a red tag on it, when i bought, that it probably wasn't going to be sold anymore, that's why it was marked down, but Sally's still carries it nonetheless. I just think that it was marked down, so that they could try and quickly get rid of the older inventory of it that they had on the shelves. I would certainly recommend trying it out, since it retails for less than $10 a gallon. And,yes, i do use this conditioner as a DC as well. My Sally's no longer carries the Cure Care Conditioner, that was a pre-cursor to the Salon Care Remoisturizer Conditioner. The Cure Care conditioner from what i have been told after contacting different Sally's is no longer being carried in-store. plus it is not being carried on Sally's website anymore at all. However, it may still be available for sale on such places as Amazon and Ebay. It is also sold in gallon size and was created to be a knockoff of the Unicure Conditioner too. However the cost for such, may be heavily marked up though.

There are alot of curlies that do use Ecostyler gel. It does come in different versions, however, the ownly ones that i have seen offered within my local Sally's is the Clear version, Argan Oil (yellow colored) version, Olive Oil (green colored) version, and a Black Colored one, which i don't readily know the exact name of. I have tried Ecostyler Gel in the past, but as of this time, i use curling jellies, instead of regular commercial based gels instead. However, with Ecostyler Gel, you can get a huge tub of it, for cheap.

GVP Joico K Pak is a treatment based conditioner that i have used on and off, ever since i found out about it in Sally's. I have always liked the results that i have received from using it on my hair. However, i received recent word that Sally's is discontinuing selling it anymore. However, if you can still find it on the shelf within a Sally's nearby you, it most surely is a great treatment conditioner to try and possibly stock up on, while you can.

The only leave in conditioner that i have ever bought from Sally's that i really like alot and certainly will continue to buy is Shea Moisture's JBCO Strengthen Grow & Restore Leave In Conditioner.

The only oils that i have repeatedly bought from Sally's is JBCO (i have bought such in both the regular and Extra Dark versions and Marula Oil (from the Marula Collection of haircare products that's exclusive to Sally's). As, it is best to go with pure oils versus using oils that have unecessary additives and fillers to them instead).

And, Aphogee's 2- Minute Reconstructor is a product that i always keep in my hair product stash. As, it will forever remain a staple of mines. And, just like i do with all of my conditioners, i do DC with this one (using heat) as well. It has never failed me ever. It works awesome for my hair, each and every time i use it.

When it comes to Sally's, they certainly offer a very wide range of haircare brands inside, so definitely don't be afraid to explore trying products from brands offered in the ethnic hair care sections, as well as those that aren't. Because, you never know within what brands you may get lucky and end up finding products that actually end up becoming staples for you.

And, i would highly recommend signing up for a Sally's card. You do have to pay a small fee (i believe it's normally $5, and less than that if you are of a certain age and over). So, this way, you qualify for a discount ofv of each product that you buy, and if you spend $25 within a month, for the next month, you will receive a Sally's Rewards 15% off coupon to use.
        Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
        (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
        Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
        Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
        I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
      • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Registered Users Posts: 1,308 Curl Neophyte
        Sally's sells the retail line of CURLS products, not the professional CURLS line. I just thought that i'd let you know, so that you wouldn't end up confused.

Right now, Sally's is carrying an abundant of natural haircare lines and products. Here's just a quick listing of some of the following natural haircare lines that can be found there:

Jessicurl
        CURLS (retail line)
        My DNA
        Jane Carter Solutions
        Miss Jessies
        Eden BodyWorks
        Carol's Daughter
        Alikay Naturals
        As I Am
        Shea Moisture

The As I Am Coconut Cowash is a very popular product amongst a lot of curlies. The only reason why i stopped using it, is because there's something in it that started to irritate my scalp. However, it is certainly worth trying nonetheless. Shea Moisture offers a wide range of products, so their products are deginitely worthy of checking out. Also, the GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm is an excellent product that i just started using, and definitely can say that i will most surely continue to re-purchase it. I do use it to DC with, and i do like how soft and moisturized it leaves my curls. However, there are curlies that do happen to use it both as a rinse out and leave in conditioner. There's also the Salon Care Remoisturizer Conditioner (that is Sally's own knockoff of the Unicure Conditioner). It is sold in gallon size, and i was able to get it for a very low marked down price. The female associate had told me that it wa marked down with a red tag on it, when i bought, that it probably wasn't going to be sold anymore, that's why it was marked down, but Sally's still carries it nonetheless. I just think that it was marked down, so that they could try and quickly get rid of the older inventory of it that they had on the shelves. I would certainly recommend trying it out, since it retails for less than $10 a gallon. And,yes, i do use this conditioner as a DC as well. My Sally's no longer carries the Cure Care Conditioner, that was a pre-cursor to the Salon Care Remoisturizer Conditioner. The Cure Care conditioner from what i have been told after contacting different Sally's is no longer being carried in-store. plus it is not being carried on Sally's website anymore at all. However, it may still be available for sale on such places as Amazon and Ebay. It is also sold in gallon size and was created to be a knockoff of the Unicure Conditioner too. However the cost for such, may be heavily marked up though.

There are alot of curlies that do use Ecostyler gel. It does come in different versions, however, the ownly ones that i have seen offered within my local Sally's is the Clear version, Argan Oil (yellow colored) version, Olive Oil (green colored) version, and a Black Colored one, which i don't readily know the exact name of. I have tried Ecostyler Gel in the past, but as of this time, i use curling jellies, instead of regular commercial based gels instead. However, with Ecostyler Gel, you can get a huge tub of it, for cheap.

GVP Joico K Pak is a treatment based conditioner that i have used on and off, ever since i found out about it in Sally's. I have always liked the results that i have received from using it on my hair. However, i received recent word that Sally's is discontinuing selling it anymore. However, if you can still find it on the shelf within a Sally's nearby you, it most surely is a great treatment conditioner to try and possibly stock up on, while you can.

The only leave in conditioner that i have ever bought from Sally's that i really like alot and certainly will continue to buy is Shea Moisture's JBCO Strengthen Grow & Restore Leave In Conditioner.

The only oils that i have repeatedly bought from Sally's is JBCO (i have bought such in both the regular and Extra Dark versions and Marula Oil (from the Marula Collection of haircare products that's exclusive to Sally's). As, it is best to go with pure oils versus using oils that have unecessary additives and fillers to them instead).

And, Aphogee's 2- Minute Reconstructor is a product that i always keep in my hair product stash. As, it will forever remain a staple of mines. And, just like i do with all of my conditioners, i do DC with this one (using heat) as well. It has never failed me ever. It works awesome for my hair, each and every time i use it.

When it comes to Sally's, they certainly offer a very wide range of haircare brands inside, so definitely don't be afraid to explore trying products from brands offered in the ethnic hair care sections, as well as those that aren't. Because, you never know within what brands you may get lucky and end up finding products that actually end up becoming staples for you.

And, i would highly recommend signing up for a Sally's card. You do have to pay a small fee (i believe it's normally $5, and less than that if you are of a certain age and over). So, this way, you qualify for a discount ofv of each product that you buy, and if you spend $25 within a month, for the next month, you will receive a Sally's Rewards 15% off coupon to use.

Thank you so much for this super detailed post Reservechic! Do they really carry Jessicurl? I've never seen it there. Is it only online maybe? I always wanted to try their products as they seem like they would have some more natural versions of Deva products without the protein and harsh preservatives. About the CURLS line, I mainly just want to get my hands on Creme Brule and Goddess Curls.
        *Current Routine*
        LP: SM RSB
        CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
        DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
        LI: a CO, KCKT
        Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
        Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
        Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
        :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
      • ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798

Jessicurl
        CURLS (retail line)
        My DNA
        Jane Carter Solutions
        Miss Jessies
        Eden BodyWorks
        Carol's Daughter
        Alikay Naturals
        As I Am
        Shea Moisture

Thank you so much for this super detailed post Reservechic! Do they really carry Jessicurl? I've never seen it there. Is it only online maybe? I always wanted to try their products as they seem like they would have some more natural versions of Deva products without the protein and harsh preservatives. About the CURLS line, I mainly just want to get my hands on Creme Brule and Goddess Curls.

Your very welcome! As, i try to be as helpful to my fellow curlies as i can. When i went to my local Sally's recently, they had a few bottles of Jessicurl products left on the shelf. I guess a lot of people had been waiting to be able to buy Jessicurl products locally. I saw the Cleansing Cream, Spiralicious Gel, and i believe two other items in stock. Where the area was where they happen to be selling Jessicurl products it was almost bare, so i can't provide the complete listing of all Jessicurl products that are being offered within Sally's at this time. I do know that they are currently running a sale on the Jessicurl line through the month of August. Now, I haven't checked Sally's website to see if it's being sold on there yet, but if it's not on it at this time, then it'll be happening soon.

I have bought the Curls Creme Brule, and tried it. I think it's an okay product, if your curls aren't in dire need of a whole lot of moisture. It has a very sweet, type of artificial vanilla frosting type of scent. So, if you are scent sensitive, then you may want to smell it first before buying it. I haven't tried Goddess Curls, because it is an exact dupe for the discontinued Curls Goddess Glaze, which used to be apart of the Curls professional line. So, i already know how my hair would respond to Goddess Curls in the same way that it responded to the Goddess Glaze. My hair didn't respond well to Godess Glaze. Plus, it had this slight Elmer's glue type of underlying scent to it, that i found to slightly weird. However, you are certainly welcome to try out the Curls Creme Brule and Goddess Curls from Sally's, to see how well or not they work for your hair. Hopefully, the products end up working better for you, than they did for me. But, if not, you can always return them and get your money back (so definitely be sure to hold on to your receipt). Right now, i know that Sally's is running sales on alot of the natural hair brands their carrying at this time, as well as other brands too.
        Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
        (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
        Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
        Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
        I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
      • kasdenkasden Registered Users Posts: 1,045 Curl Connoisseur
        I'd like to give a shout out to Beyond the Zone Bada Bing gel! I have been having a HORRIBLE time with humidity...glycerin and aloe have been giving me horrendous frizz. This gel has fantastic hold, great clumps and no frizz - YAY!!! Disclaimer: I bought this a couple of years ago, so ingredients may have changed.
        2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
      • PumpUptheCurlsPumpUptheCurls Registered Users Posts: 88
        Was wondering if anyone has tried the Generic Value Products Detangler Compare To Paul Mitchell The Detangler? I know it has 2 water- soluble cones.
        I'm trying to decide between the detangler and conditioning balm
        2Cish curls,crazy at best. My products are everywhere looking for that HG!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
      Emoji
      Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
      Drop image/file