Any advice on after care for wisdom tooth removal?

Mayjewel97Mayjewel97 Registered Users Posts: 80 Curl Neophyte
I just got all four of mine removed today only one had grown its roots luckily but I'd like to know the do's and don'ts until I'm fully recovered anything will be helpful.
Sent from my C6730 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    What did the dentist say?

I remember having a very swollen face and lying down with ice packs. It takes a couple of days for the anasthesia to wear off. I was throwing up from it and took Gravol. I remember having a really sore throat and cold drinks/popsicles helped. Eat soft/liquid foods and rest.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• Mayjewel97Mayjewel97 Registered Users Posts: 80 Curl Neophyte
    Not too much more than to eat soft food and ice my face and to change my gauze didn't warn me not to get up though i ended up passing out and scraping up my arm and leg.

• wavypenwavypen Registered Users Posts: 253 Curl Neophyte
    My face was really swollen too (mine all had to be drilled out, they were impacted), I had some kind of pain relief--Vicodin maybe and ate soft foods, I think it may actually have been liquid only for a couple days. I can say don't smoke, I have a friend who smoked and when she got her wisdom teeth removed she got dry socket and that's meant to be really painful and makes the healing process take longer.
    They gave me hydrocodone so far it's done well and i don't feel too much pain and you don't have to tell me twice i already get extremely dry mouth with occasional skin cracking from getting my tonsils out and it hurts like crazy.
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    My son had all his out in January, there wasn't much else to be done other than what the others have said - painkillers, ice and soft food. Took a good few days for the swelling to go down, and the bruising, but he only took Ibuprofen and that was enough for the pain.
    3b in South Australia.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    The dentist should have talked to you & also given you written instructions. The ice pack is a good idea & make sure you rest & not exert yourself. Hope you feel better soon.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • corinniePopcorinniePop Registered Users Posts: 138 Curl Neophyte
    Using things like bags of frozen peas is better than just an ice pack because it will form to the shape of your face.
    Thanks for all the advice the second day is certainly much better except for the hiccups i hope they don't get bad enough to pop the stitches if that's possible.😢

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file