Garlic/Onion significantly decreased hair fall

EvocativeEvocative Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello y’all

So I’ve been struggling with getting my hair back after getting a BKT, it’s been 6 months since the treatment and my hair is still flat no matter what I do. I was so desperate that I ended up trying different methods to get the keratin out of my hair, sea salt, harsh sulfate shampoos, even using the dishwasher and what not…

I then figured that it is the keratin product itself is reversible, but the heat damage you get from it is not as reversible.
Anyways, this would need a whole other thread just to talk about it. It obviously only did harm to my hair, but I can say that the only thing that made me achieve some good curls is hard hold gel, that I dilute in water and mix with oil to avoid the drying effect of it.
My hair is now kind of confused, flat, dull, fluffy but not curly.

After putting my hair under such stress, I decided to leave it alone conditioner wash only for some time. But I just couldn’t let go of it because I started having tons of hair falling from the roots, the enormous chunks in my brush got me worried.

What I made my hair through is probably the cause, but I also noticed that I always experience hair fall at this time around summer, with other factors like stress, etc…
I juiced an onion and two cloves of garlic and mixed it with sunflower oil, applied from root to tip and wrapped a plastic bag around my head. I kept it for two hours and then washed with shampoo. I then applied some olive oil, braided my hair and kept it overnight. I do the braiding because my hair is now easier to flatten than to curl. Also, it is because I am tired of putting tons of FSG, scrunch like hell, blowdry for some time, then 10 mins later, it just goes all flat again.

I noticed a major difference today, I do not get hair in my hands every time I run my fingers through my hair. I do not have hair all over my shirt and my pillow. I brushed my hair to really see how much the hair fall decreased, I can say I had like 20 hairs, instead of the +60 I got before the garlic/onion treatment.
I only used it once and I am quite satisfied with the results, I also saw a video on youtube of a naturally curly lady who succeeded in regrowing her bald spots with onions.
Yes, I smelled a bit like garlic today, maybe I should have rinsed my hair a bit more, but it was worth it.
I am planning to do this every 4 or 5 days, since this mixture also promotes hair growth and strength.

Comments

• EvocativeEvocative Posts: 3Registered Users
    My hair has grown an inch in two weeks, it's thicker, I can see new baby hairs all around and it is also very shiny. I hesitated a lot to post my results and since nobody seems to care about this thread and didn't ask to be updated, I guess I'll just follow my own hair journey without writing about it here.
    Xoxo beautiful curly people
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    People come up with all kinds of mixtures that they claim to make their hair grow.

Unfortunately a lot of it is due to the fact that the hair is growing anyway due to you taking more care of it over all. Oils such as olive oil has been known for centuries to help people with hair breakage.
  • EvocativeEvocative Posts: 3Registered Users
    Blueblood wrote: »
    People come up with all kinds of mixtures that they claim to make their hair grow.

Unfortunately a lot of it is due to the fact that the hair is growing anyway due to you taking more care of it over all. Oils such as olive oil has been known for centuries to help people with hair breakage.

I am not talking about olive oil here. BTW this oil has always been in my haircare regimen and my hair kept on breaking all of this time.
    If there was a combination of things that made me "claim" that my hair grew, and that I didn't know which thing exactly worked out, I wouldn't be posting anything.
    In addition to that, I tried so many different recipes in my life with different herbs, oils, seeds,even fruits (and more) on my hair but of course, I can only post about what REALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE and what would be useful to others.
    I gave the example on the lady litterally REGROWING her BALD PATCHES, the lady was going bald, just to stress on the fact that the "mixture" I made may really help people struggling with hair fall. I also gave this particular example because I personally do not struggle with alopecia but I was experiencing some bad hair fall. Only to show that it could help in both mild and serious cases.
    Like I said, apparently there is not any reason to share my hair journey here, english is not even my native language nor the second language nor the third of my country, so if my share is not welcome I am out of here.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Evocative wrote: »
    Blueblood wrote: »

I am not talking about olive oil here. BTW this oil has always been in my haircare regimen and my hair kept on breaking all of this time.
    If there was a combination of things that made me "claim" that my hair grew, and that I didn't know which thing exactly worked out, I wouldn't be posting anything.
    In addition to that, I tried so many different recipes in my life with different herbs, oils, seeds,even fruits (and more) on my hair but of course, I can only post about what REALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE and what would be useful to others.
    I gave the example on the lady litterally REGROWING her BALD PATCHES, the lady was going bald, just to stress on the fact that the "mixture" I made may really help people struggling with hair fall. I also gave this particular example because I personally do not struggle with alopecia but I was experiencing some bad hair fall. Only to show that it could help in both mild and serious cases.
    Like I said, apparently there is not any reason to share my hair journey here, english is not even my native language nor the second language nor the third of my country, so if my share is not welcome I am out of here.

I am familiar with garlic helping some people with alopecia areata. In fact, there have been scientific studies on it. When I went through alopecia areata and tried it but it did nothing for me. What worked for me was using oil blends. Isn't the point of you sharing your story to help people going through hair loss who have never heard of this so maybe they can try it? So what's the problem? Not sure what you're so upset about. What does English not being the 1st, 2nd or 3rd language of your country have to do with the price of eggs?
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • blulightblulight Posts: 131Registered Users
    Evocative, thanks for sharing what helped you. I personally appreciate it and may try the same :). I know my signature says my hair is thick but that was a long time ago and been dealing with a lot of hair fall and way less new regrowth, so hoping something will help. Glad your issue been resolved!
    3b/fine/thick/normal porosity/bsl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file