Hating my natural hair?

NewmooNewmoo Registered Users Posts: 4
This is going to be pretty long because I need to rant to something.

So I'm 14 and I'm pretty healthy. I became natural December 30th 2014. So almost a year ago. I was happy for a little bit. I loved my hair and how it looked, I'm 4b, if that matters, and I was happy seeing it grow. Fast forward some and I get my hair braided but my stylist didn't know a thing she was doing. She not only put in tight braids, but she also braided on my edges and hot combed my hair before hand. She basically just ripped through my hair, not even trying to detangle it first.
I got my braids, vowing to never get braids from her ever in my life and I carry on. A month passes and I take out my braids. My hair is a mess. It's longer, yes, but it's breaking, it's weak, and its thinning. It's the complete opposite of what my hair was like before the braiding.
I'm trying everything in my power to fix it. I deep condition, DIY protein treatments every wash and I moisturize everyday with Jane Carter's leave in and nourish and shine. My hair has always been high porosity and I expected the loss of moisture, but not at this rate. The P treatments have worked some but my hair has been breaking so much. I get trims, no...full on cuts every week or so and it doesn't get better. I'm crying and I hate my hair so much.
So far, earlier this month, I had a complete break down and went on a hair pulling murder scene. My sisters hair is stronger, way stronger than my hair and my hair used to be stronger than hers but not anymore. I'm scissor happy and really don't care about it anymore. School starts in 2 weeks and I'm ready to jus cut all my hair and call it a day.

I bought biotin pills and they should be here by next week but I don't know what to do. I consider them my last resort. I have cut my hair so many times, it's still surprising I still have hair.

Comments

• RimiRimi Registered Users Posts: 2,001 Curl Neophyte
    What do you deep condition with? You might have to hit your hair with a few rounds of moisturizing DCs and put the PTs on hold.
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    If your hair is breaking maybe doing protein treatments every wash is just too much? What do you put in your homemade treatment? Personally, I'd focus far more on deep conditioning and ditch the protein for now.

Other than that, I'm sorry to say, you just need to be patient. It sounds like your hair was very badly damaged but pulling it etc. isn't going to help. You just need to wait it out, wear some (not too tight!!!) protective styles and baby your hair until the damage grows out.

How long ago did this happen?
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • NewmooNewmoo Registered Users Posts: 4
    Rimi wrote: »
    What do you deep condition with? You might have to hit your hair with a few rounds of moisturizing DCs and put the PTs on hold.
    I deep condition with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque with argan oil and sea kelp.

They're simple DIYs. 1 egg, 2 table spoons of olive oil, 1 table spoon of honey, and 4 drops of castor oil infused with Jane carter scalp serum.
    If your hair is breaking maybe doing protein treatments every wash is just too much? What do you put in your homemade treatment? Personally, I'd focus far more on deep conditioning and ditch the protein for now.

Other than that, I'm sorry to say, you just need to be patient. It sounds like your hair was very badly damaged but pulling it etc. isn't going to help. You just need to wait it out, wear some (not too tight!!!) protective styles and baby your hair until the damage grows out.

How long ago did this happen?
    It happened around in Early April .
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    Newmoo wrote: »
    They're simple DIYs. 1 egg, 2 table spoons of olive oil, 1 table spoon of honey, and 4 drops of castor oil infused with Jane carter scalp serum.

Is this your protein treatment? If so, it's not actually a protein treatment - the molecules in egg and other protein foods like mayo are too large to penetrate the hair. So it's actually more of a shine & moisturising mask.

If you want to do a protein treatment, you can buy special products for that purpose, or make your own using gelatin (there's a recipe on the Scienc-y blog for that)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
    Okay. Thank you I'll buy some later this month