Happy Camper!

JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
So I recently looked into a cheaper conditioner because I start back college in a month and I want something that will work for the budget I'll have. I was previously using Aussie Moist, and was very happy with it, because I thought it was working really well.

Well today I bought the Suave Naturals Waterfall Mist conditioner, and my hair responded a lot better. My hair is softer, much less frizzy, dried faster, and seems really nicely defined. It also seemed to play nicely with my Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I was able to use it with Aussie, but sometimes it would be really crunchy, or really greasy, even if I put less.

I am under the impression that some ingredient must have been making my hair react that way, since I used the same amounts in the same application method. I know there are some ingredient gurus on here who can pinpoint a problem ingredient with no issues, so I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers/ideas as to what ingredient(s) I should keep an eye out for!

Aussie's ingredients: Water/Eau, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance/Parfum, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice

Suave Naturals (Waterfall Mist)'s ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance(parfum), Potassium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Spirulina maxima extract, mentha aquatica leaf extract(watermint extract), nymphaea alba flower extract(water lily extract), blue 1 (CI 42090), red 33 (CI 17200

Off the bat, I can see that the cone in Aussie is not present in Suave Naturals, so that's all I'm able to see that might have made a difference. If anyone knows better, please let me know!

Super happy, though! Better results for a lesser price? Yess! :happy7:

Update:
And this morning I had absolutely no problem separating my curls and reviving them! My hair is super soft and my 2nd day hair looks just the same as 1st day, with a tiny bit more volume! :toothy3:
Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
•Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
•CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file