Cheap conditioners?

JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
So I'm using Aussie Moist, but I think I want something a little better. I'm starting to get tired of the smell... I still want one of those cheap, drugstore conditioners, but a nice sized bottle of it (24 oz +). And I need one that is very moisturizing.

Any suggestions? :D I have also used the TreSemme Naturals, and I'm not too big on it.
Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
•Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
•CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Comments

• ginabean98ginabean98 Registered Users Posts: 197
    This V05 conditioner has shea butter and I remember it being pretty moisturizing. I believe it has a drying alcohol somewhere down the list, so I would avoid leaving it in. It's super cheap too, so you could buy a few bottles at a time. Hth?
    2c/3a, botticelli/s'wavy, thick hair :queen:
    Devacuts 3.5.14, 7.16.15
    CG 9.11.14, on & off for years before
    :sunny:
    GOD really loves you. ∞
    HGs: SM Shampoo, SM conditioners (RO), LA Looks Sport gel
    *I love scalp scrubs, bangs, clipping roots, and diffusing!*
    I wash my hair 1-2 times a week, usually 1
    :cat:
  • JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    ginabean98 wrote: »
    This V05 conditioner has shea butter and I remember it being pretty moisturizing. I believe it has a drying alcohol somewhere down the list, so I would avoid leaving it in. It's super cheap too, so you could buy a few bottles at a time. Hth?

I was hoping for something that I could use as a leave-in, so if that has a drying ingredient, I don't think it will work :( But I have seen those and they are certainly cheap! :D
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

• corinniePopcorinniePop Registered Users Posts: 138 Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried the Tresemme Perfectly Undone? I know a lot of people absolutely rave about those, and it's a huge 25 oz bottle for like five bucks.
    Have you tried the Tresemme Perfectly Undone? I know a lot of people absolutely rave about those, and it's a huge 25 oz bottle for like five bucks.

I haven't, actually! I'll have to add that to my list!

• BeautyOGBeautyOG Registered Users Posts: 383 Curl Neophyte
    I don't know if you consider this 'cheep' or not but OGX sea mineral conditioner is $7.99 at Walgreen's for big and small containers. The small lasts a family of 4 for 2 to 3 months. The conditioner is quite moisturizing and is great for detangling. A little goes a long way.

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App
    My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

BeautyOG wrote: »
    I don't know if you consider this 'cheep' or not but OGX sea mineral conditioner is $7.99 at Walgreen's for big and small containers. The small lasts a family of 4 for 2 to 3 months. The conditioner is quite moisturizing and is great for detangling. A little goes a long way.

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App

I think I've seen those. I've been considering trying the coconut one!

• ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    The cheapest conditioners i've seen are ones from VO5, Suave, and the ones that are offered at Dollar Tree (which are certainly worth checking out especially if your on a budget). Those are the cheapest that you can find on the market. Now, my local Walmart has been selling quite often the family sized bottle of the Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner for $1.50. I don't know if your local Walmart does the same, but if you ever happen to see it being offered, then it would definitely be worth it to stock up on such.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
    The cheapest conditioners i've seen are ones from VO5, Suave, and the ones that are offered at Dollar Tree (which are certainly worth checking out especially if your on a budget). Those are the cheapest that you can find on the market. Now, my local Walmart has been selling quite often the family sized bottle of the Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner for $1.50. I don't know if your local Walmart does the same, but if you ever happen to see it being offered, then it would definitely be worth it to stock up on such.

You know what, I used to love those! I don't remember if I've checked for them, but I certainly will! I think I ran out and only had the shampoo, which I don't use, and just forgot about it!

• CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    I buy Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossom 30 oz bottle for $1.50 from Wal-Mart. It's moisturizing and the smell isn't overpowering.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

So I picked up a couple bottles of Suave Naturals (the waterfall scented one lol). I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I was looking at the Suave Almond as Shea Butter, but it had dimethicone, and I believe I read somewhere that you need a sulfate shampoo to get rid of that? The Suave Naturals one I got doesn't seem to have anything bad in it, so it seemed a better buy :) And it was cheap!

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    I'm am such a broken record it's ridiculous BUT the Jason Aloe conditioner! Rec it till the end of time
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • roxykittyroxykitty Registered Users Posts: 3
    I use Nature's Gate Aloe Vera conditioner. It's really moisturizing, all natural, and it also says it's cruelty free and vegan, if that matters to you. I found it in the natural section at my local Kroger. The first time I purchased it though, I got four 18oz bottles for about $24 on Amazon. The price fluctuates though. If you go through conditioner like I do, it's a great option!
    3C/3B hair, med porosity, High density+coarse/medium strands
    Hair likes protein :shock:
    Picture is week old W&G #lazy
    Cleanse Babassu Marshmallow Shampoo bar and ACV rinse
    LI Nature's Gate Aloe
    DC SM or DIY
    Seal EVOO w/ JBCO on ends
    Style Taliah Waajid curl cream, Ecostyler Argan Oil
    Transitioned 10 mo.
    Goal: THIGH LENGTH :money:

event.png
  • Marci PieMarci Pie Registered Users Posts: 668 Curl Connoisseur
    JunyJu wrote: »
    So I picked up a couple bottles of Suave Naturals (the waterfall scented one lol). I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I was looking at the Suave Almond as Shea Butter, but it had dimethicone, and I believe I read somewhere that you need a sulfate shampoo to get rid of that? The Suave Naturals one I got doesn't seem to have anything bad in it, so it seemed a better buy :) And it was cheap!
    Dimethicone can be washed out with a loo poo. Amethicone needs a sulfate. Every now and then will use a sulfate shampoo to start fresh when my hair starts to not like any products. I am not a dimethicone snob because I have found my hair does respond well.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Registered Users Posts: 1,308 Curl Neophyte
    Are you cg? Suave Naturals, VO5, and Tresemme Naturals are where it's at.
    The Suave Naturals Coconut is amazing and a lot thicker than the other scents but they're all good. VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy is the ish. The Free me Freesia scent is awesome too. Tresemme Naturals-nourishing moisture is good stuff too. If you need a cheap gel I would recommend these drugstore ones:
    LA looks Sport gel, Eco Styler Olive Oil (Sally's), Aussie Instant Freeze, or Garnier Pure Clean as far as Drugstore goes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
    Are you cg? Suave Naturals, VO5, and Tresemme Naturals are where it's at.
    The Suave Naturals Coconut is amazing and a lot thicker than the other scents but they're all good. VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy is the ish. The Free me Freesia scent is awesome too. Tresemme Naturals-nourishing moisture is good stuff too. If you need a cheap gel I would recommend these drugstore ones:
    LA looks Sport gel, Eco Styler Olive Oil (Sally's), Aussie Instant Freeze, or Garnier Pure Clean as far as Drugstore goes

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up with the Suave Naturals. The TreSemme Naturals oddly didn't work too well for my hair. I like using my conditioner as a leave-in to cut down on products, and when I did that my hair frizzed no matter what gel or styler I used, and in the end I had to cut it. But Suave Naturals works wonderfully! :)

• AMBERLICIOUSAMBERLICIOUS Registered Users Posts: 1
    JunyJu wrote: »
    So I'm using Aussie Moist, but I think I want something a little better. I'm starting to get tired of the smell... I still want one of those cheap, drugstore conditioners, but a nice sized bottle of it (24 oz +). And I need one that is very moisturizing.

Any suggestions? :D I have also used the TreSemme Naturals, and I'm not too big on it.
    I know what you mean about wanting a cheap conditioner. I love to use suave naturals they are cheap and you get a lot of product for your buck. Hope this helps! Xo!
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Registered Users Posts: 1,308 Curl Neophyte
    @JunyJu I think the new Tresemme Naturals might be the reason too. I would get itchy scalp with it personally. I think cheap conditioners can be awesome, especially when you can be heavy handed like myself lol. I'm glad you found something that works for you!

*Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
    @JunyJu I think the new Tresemme Naturals might be the reason too. I would get itchy scalp with it personally. I think cheap conditioners can be awesome, especially when you can be heavy handed like myself lol. I'm glad you found something that works for you!

Thank you, and yeah! I would get itchy scalp occasionally too. I hate when formulas change!

• SisterVeeeSisterVeee Registered Users Posts: 2
    I never knew Treseme Naturals was the cause of my itchy scalp. 😲
    I use it as my staple detangler and it works oh so well, however I'd have itchy scalp. I always thought my hair wasn't clean enough.

Hmmm will have to see. Not sure we have Suave Naturals over here in the UK 😕.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file