Bonding experience with a naturalista I must share

bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
So I was at work a few days ago and crossed paths with a black gal (mid to late 30s in I had to guess). After chatting a few minutes I went through the "I really like your hair" line. The responses I get are varied between the nonchalant "thank you" and gushing "thank you." This gal did the latter. Anyhow, the chat went on for about 10 minutes and could have easily gone about hour but professional duty called. We discussed everything from products to routines to embracing our hair to perm rod sets. In fact, we even showed each other pictures of the perm rod sets we had done. The conversation ended with a big hug. It was good for the soul.
2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"

Comments

• NvmbrCurlssNvmbrCurlss Registered Users Posts: 732 Curl Neophyte
    That is wonderful! I always dream of this happening...you're so lucky😊
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
    LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
    NoP: As I Am CC
    RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
    LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
  • RimiRimi Registered Users Posts: 2,001 Curl Neophyte
    That's lovely! It's always fun to talk about hair in person lol :)
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    That's so wonderful!

I had a similar experience on campus last semester with a girl who had hair just like mine! She was also recently quitting heat products and whatnot, and we talked about products and routines, and crazy/rude things people had said to us on campus!

It was so refreshing to find someone who understands. I'm glad you had that experience! :D
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    What a fun experience!
    I have a curly acquaintance who stops in my office every few months to show me her progress going natural. The other day we were talking and another girl came in the room saying she had been out in the hall and heard us talking about curly hair and wanted to join in! It was great fun.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
    What a fun experience!
    I have a curly acquaintance who stops in my office every few months to show me her progress going natural. The other day we were talking and another girl came in the room saying she had been out in the hall and heard us talking about curly hair and wanted to join in! It was great fun.
    It's like a way of promoting togetherness in the Curl Community. 

• Kinky Curly-Coily MeganKinky Curly-Coily Megan Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 67 Curl Connoisseur
    Nice!!! I wish people would treat me like that. I get I like your hair you have good hair...even when I straighten it. They look and be kinda like is that her real hair.
  • bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
    Nice!!! I wish people would treat me like that. I get I like your hair you have good hair...even when I straighten it. They look and be kinda like is that her real hair.
    I love because it could be someone we don't know from Adam but once the hair conversation breaks the ice it's like an instant bond. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file