SheaMoisture Sale

JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
So Walgreen's is having a bogo sale on SheaMoisture items online and in-store, where you buy one product and get another of equal or lesser price free. (*You do need a membership, but it took me less than 5 minutes online to get one!)

Just thought I should share for those who like their products! In the past I had no success, but my methods were wrong, so I'm using this as an opportunity to try different products from their line and give it another go (and get one free!).

I'm also here because the sale has apparently attracted so many people that their site keeps sending me to a virtual 'waiting room' because it's so crowded. . .
Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
•Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
•CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Comments

• potatoheadpotatohead Registered Users Posts: 175
    I bought myself a couple of products. Thanks for posting about it or I wouldn't have known!

3B/3C
    Fine thickness, medium density, high porosity

CG since 1/25/2014
    BC 6/25/2015
    Still figuring my hair out
  • JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    potatohead wrote: »
    I bought myself a couple of products. Thanks for posting about it or I wouldn't have known!

No problem! I did too yesterday. Admittedly I'm not sure if it will work, but I'm addicted to sales, and I still wanted to give the smoothie a try! :D And now I have an extra one free, too lol!

*Update*
    I just used it and I think I am in love. I plopped and still not seeing frizz? Kay.
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

• Mayjewel97Mayjewel97 Registered Users Posts: 80 Curl Neophyte
    My god i brought home a $70 hoard and only had to pay $38

Sent from my C6730 using CurlTalk App
    JunyJu wrote: »

No problem! I did too yesterday. Admittedly I'm not sure if it will work, but I'm addicted to sales, and I still wanted to give the smoothie a try! :D And now I have an extra one free, too lol!

*Update*
    I just used it and I think I am in love. I plopped and still not seeing frizz? Kay.

That's the product I bought also! I always heard buzz around it so I wanted to give it a try. I ordered it online though so I'll have to wait to. What are the odds haha!

3B/3C

CG since 1/25/2014
    BC 6/25/2015

*Update*

That's the product I bought also! I always heard buzz around it so I wanted to give it a try. I ordered it online though so I'll have to wait to. What are the odds haha!

Awesome! I hope it works well for you! I just plopped like three times and I *still* have no frizz. I am in awe. I know combinations matter, so I will say my full routine just in case that contributed to this as well (but highly unlikely).

•I cleansed with Curls Sulfate-Free Shampoo (didn't want product build-up to mess up my results).
    •Co-washed with Aussie Moist, using my Goody ouchless detangling brush to distribute it.
    •Did a quick rinse, enough to push the conditioner through my hair, then turned the water off, leaving some AM in.
    •Scrunched the Smoothie into my ends, then smoothed it all over, scrunching and flipping my head to scrunch even more (I get the best curls this way).

Then I plopped a little once to test the frizz. Saw none, and plopped again to get more water out. Nothing. Plopped once more to be fairly dry, but slightly damp, and my curls are *still* good. Which is funny, because I would have thought all that plopping would remove a lot of the product (and I wasn't heavy-handed today like usual because I've been hearing a little goes a long way). I am impressed and beyond happy. I can use just *one* product to style now! So much money saaaaaved!

Now to see if I can find a cheaper conditioner...!

*Update*

Awesome! I hope it works well for you! I just plopped like three times and I *still* have no frizz. I am in awe. I know combinations matter, so I will say my full routine just in case that contributed to this as well (but highly unlikely).

•I cleansed with Curls Sulfate-Free Shampoo (didn't want product build-up to mess up my results).
    •Co-washed with Aussie Moist, using my Goody ouchless detangling brush to distribute it.
    •Did a quick rinse, enough to push the conditioner through my hair, then turned the water off, leaving some AM in.
    •Scrunched the Smoothie into my ends, then smoothed it all over, scrunching and flipping my head to scrunch even more (I get the best curls this way).

Then I plopped a little once to test the frizz. Saw none, and plopped again to get more water out. Nothing. Plopped once more to be fairly dry, but slightly damp, and my curls are *still* good. Which is funny, because I would have thought all that plopping would remove a lot of the product (and I wasn't heavy-handed today like usual because I've been hearing a little goes a long way). I am impressed and beyond happy. I can use just *one* product to style now! So much money saaaaaved!

My package came in today even though I ordered yesterday! That's weird but awesome. Thanks for sharing your routine! I haven't tried plopping with my chopped hair but I may give it a shot since you mentioned it. How much do you feel it helps as opposed to just drying without plopping, if I may ask?
    I'm glad you like the styler, it gives me hope that it'll work for me too

3B/3C

CG since 1/25/2014
    BC 6/25/2015

My package came in today even though I ordered yesterday! That's weird but awesome. Thanks for sharing your routine! I haven't tried plopping with my chopped hair but I may give it a shot since you mentioned it. How much do you feel it helps as opposed to just drying without plopping, if I may ask?
    I'm glad you like the styler, it gives me hope that it'll work for me too

I feel like it's better if you're like me and start to get sick of your hair dripping everywhere. Some days (for some reason) it won't drip as much (maybe I just scrunch better those days?), and I will just air dry, but most days I drip quite a bit, so I like to plop, because it helps my hair dry much faster, and the dripping is gone. And now frizz is not an issue!

• bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Registered Users Posts: 403 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks, Juny! :headbang:

My mom got me 2 SM shampoos, 2 SM conditioners, the smoothie and the curling souffle!

I haven't tried the gel yet, but I LOVE the smoothie! I have never had such awesome curls from one styling product before.

I went out with a wet head and my curls were everywhere (the car windows were down) for about forty five minutes or so. Granted, my curls got a little 'messy'... but they looked sooo good! Today even without a bonnet, my hair is still really defined without any crunch or hardness. My hair is too long to pineapple, so it's hard for me to get perfect 2nd day hair. I'm really impressed with how nice my hair still looks. No flakes either!

I'm so excited to diffuse with this product!! :)

The shampoo was really good for my hair too. I thought the conditioner was really moisturizing too; it was heavy though. I'll have to use it a few more times to really get a feel of it. I haven't tried the gel yet. I heard a lot of so/so opinions on it. My mom picked it up for me because of the BOGO. I wanted to try the styling milk, but they only had the gel.
    Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
    • Giovanni: Avocado and Olive Oil (RO), Tea Tree Sham & Con (CW/RO)
    • KC: KT, CC, CC
    • CR: CM, GR, AWB, Balm
    • CJ: DF, CIAB, SL, CR
    • CURLS: Souffle
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO

My mom got me 2 SM shampoos, 2 SM conditioners, the smoothie and the curling souffle!

I haven't tried the gel yet, but I LOVE the smoothie! I have never had such awesome curls from one styling product before.

I went out with a wet head and my curls were everywhere (the car windows were down) for about forty five minutes or so. Granted, my curls got a little 'messy'... but they looked sooo good! Today even without a bonnet, my hair is still really defined without any crunch or hardness. My hair is too long to pineapple, so it's hard for me to get perfect 2nd day hair. I'm really impressed with how nice my hair still looks. No flakes either!

The shampoo was really good for my hair too. I thought the conditioner was really moisturizing too; it was heavy though. I'll have to use it a few more times to really get a feel of it. I haven't tried the gel yet. I heard a lot of so/so opinions on it. My mom picked it up for me because of the BOGO. I wanted to try the styling milk, but they only had the gel.

I'm so glad to hear that! I've only tried the gel and the smoothie. I love the smoothie, but the gel takes some time to master, and I also found that I really didn't need it with the smoothie. It works great alone! :D

• bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Registered Users Posts: 403 Curl Neophyte

I'm so glad to hear that! I've only tried the gel and the smoothie. I love the smoothie, but the gel takes some time to master, and I also found that I really didn't need it with the smoothie. It works great alone! :D

I heard that the gel can take some time to master. I'm going to try it out on braids. I heard that the best way to do it is to dip one finger and use that amount on one section of hair. If I don't like it, I won't be too sad because it was free. I love deals like that because I'm on a budget and can't afford to just test products out. It's even hard for me to get samples because of my hair's length/thickness. Most samples don't even have enough product in it for me.

I'm so happy that the smoothie is so awesome!! I'm so happy it works amazing for you too!! :jocolor: I think it's going to be my holy grail item.

They have a bigger version of it on the SM website. It's $13.99. However you get 16oz vs. 12oz. For a dollar more, you get 4oz more product! When I run out of smoothie, I'll buy it on the SM website unless another great BOGO sale pops up. I'm definitely going to stick with the SM coconut shampoo and I'll buy it on the SM website (unless a BOGO pops up like I said) because for a dollar more, I get 3oz more of product. Not a whole lot, but definitely worth the higher price IMO. :)
    Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
    • Giovanni: Avocado and Olive Oil (RO), Tea Tree Sham & Con (CW/RO)
    • KC: KT, CC, CC
    • CR: CM, GR, AWB, Balm
    • CJ: DF, CIAB, SL, CR
    • CURLS: Souffle
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO
    That's awesome! I'll have to check their site out!

• ginabean98ginabean98 Registered Users Posts: 197
    Just went and grabbed 2 conditioners- one classic I've used before (gold bottle) and a new one, the superfruit. I'm excited to try them out! Can't go wrong with the conditioners, truly!
    2c/3a, botticelli/s'wavy, thick hair :queen:
    Devacuts 3.5.14, 7.16.15
    CG 9.11.14, on & off for years before
    :sunny:
    GOD really loves you. ∞
    HGs: SM Shampoo, SM conditioners (RO), LA Looks Sport gel
    *I love scalp scrubs, bangs, clipping roots, and diffusing!*
    I wash my hair 1-2 times a week, usually 1
    :cat:
    ginabean98 wrote: »
    Just went and grabbed 2 conditioners- one classic I've used before (gold bottle) and a new one, the superfruit. I'm excited to try them out! Can't go wrong with the conditioners, truly!

I really want to try one!

• bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Registered Users Posts: 1,308 Curl Neophyte
    @JunyJu I'm just hitting the thread up because they have buy one get one- or so I saw at Ulta today. The reason I'm bringing this one up is because they had that new line there- the coconut water one. It's called Fruit Fusion. I also went and sniffed the Deva products. I like the smells... just not the price tag lol. ;-)

It just sucks because I've really got a lot of stuff right now. I think I need to use up some of the remaining Shea Moisture that I've got before I try anything else. Unfortunately, I went to Sally's to grab Goddess Curls and Creme Brule because they were the same price as Target (Target was out of the gel when I went though). Anyway, I think I'm going to finish up the Super fruit Mask and Conditioner before I try out this new line. It was so tempting. :shock:

All I've got is a few uses of KCCC left for now but I like to not do too much to my hair. That KCCC took forever to dry but that's alright. The plan is to try out those two CURLS products.

I'm also scared of protein overload with Deva and my hair in particular so the plan is that I'll rotate it with some other stuff. I've always been one to rotate lines. I think One Condition is supposed to be protein free though. From what it looks like, Arc Angel looks like it might be the best choice for me in terms of the gel but we shall see. So many choices lol.
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:

Leave a Comment