3B Shampoo rec?

MaggieTMaggieT Registered Users Posts: 178 Curl Novice
Hey, all!

After 10 years of being completely CG, I realized after having my second baby that using a very mild, low-suds, no-sulfates shampoo a couple times a week really works well for me. In the winter, I was using Phytojoba, but for summer, I switched to Phytolisse and it's not working at all! It leaves my hair dry and tangly.

So I tried the Shea Moisture 10-in-1. Which works AMAZINGLY -- but I can't handle the perfumey smell.

So I thought I'd ask you all for some good recommendations for something that will really cleanse my scalp but that also has good slip and won't overdry my curls.

For reference, I'm a 3B, and I used to be low-po, but post baby I am somehow magically normal porosity! My hair is very very fine and medium density. Thank you so much! :)
--
3b, fine, medium density, normal porosity
Wash: Deva No Poo, sometime Phytojoba, Avalon lemon when needs clarifying
Rinse-out: Deva One Condition, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening, Phytojoba (kinda heavy for my hair but good noisture)
DT: CJ CCCCL, or KCKT
Leave-in: Phytokeratine, CCCCL
Styling: Deva Coconut Supercream or their Wave Maker with a little CS over the top

Comments

• DrRachDrRach Registered Users Posts: 264 Curl Neophyte
    Curl Junkie Daily Fix conditioning cleanser is my staple. It's creamy, does not foam, but can get rid of any build up easily. As its so conditioning it never makes my hair feel dry.
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

• rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,355 Curl Connoisseur
    i agree with the cj daily fix.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    Have you ever tried SM Curl & Shine Shampoo before? It's completely sulfate free and non drying to ones hair, it's made with great natural ingredients within it, and has a very light pleasant scent to it that doesn't linger in the hair. Plus, you can easily get it off the ground, without having to deal with costly shipping and handling prices either. There's often BOGO sales run on SM products alot, especially in Walgreens, CVS, Ulta, Sally's, etc. Which when it comes to SM, sales are the best way to go, so that way, you can get the most bang for your buck. Right now, i know that at Sally's that if you buy 2 SM products, that you get another one free, which is a pretty cool deal. And, when you buy products from alot of retail stores and even Sally's, if a product doesn't work for you, you can easily bring it back for a refund or exchange (as long as you have your receipt to go along with such).
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • MaggieTMaggieT Registered Users Posts: 178 Curl Novice
    Thank you for these suggestions! I need to retry Daily Fix -- I love CJ!
    --
    3b, fine, medium density, normal porosity
    Wash: Deva No Poo, sometime Phytojoba, Avalon lemon when needs clarifying
    Rinse-out: Deva One Condition, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening, Phytojoba (kinda heavy for my hair but good noisture)
    DT: CJ CCCCL, or KCKT
    Leave-in: Phytokeratine, CCCCL
    Styling: Deva Coconut Supercream or their Wave Maker with a little CS over the top
  • Curlyprincess36Curlyprincess36 Registered Users Posts: 31
    DevaCurl NoPoo original and DevaCurl One Condition have worked wonders on my hair. I have heard that some people think it is to fragrant. I don't think it is, the smell is a minty coconut. I love it but I guess it all boils down to what kind of smells you like.
    -Happy Curls
    Happy Curls-Good Luck!:angel9:
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    If you're a fan of SM but don't like the smell of 10-in-1, I'd def rec trying some of the other shampoos in their line! I love the Coconut & Hibiscus one; the smell is not perfumey at all and is actually very faint.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • BeautyOGBeautyOG Registered Users Posts: 383 Curl Neophyte
    The Acure moisturizing shampoo is amazing and it's cheaper than SM. Also, it is vegan. All the Acure shampoos are great!

~Jenae
    3b, Medium/Course Strands, High Density, Low Porosity, Around APL (curly) (Sent from CurlTalk App)
    My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    I don't have 3B hair but my hair is very fine like yours. I like the SM Fruit Fusion because it cleans without stripping my hair and doesn't weigh it down. Though I still do use other shampoos for clarifying from time to time, this one is gentle enough to use frequently. I don't know about slip... I don't seek that out much in a shampoo.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • thatbeautyjazzthatbeautyjazz Registered Users Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Hey guys!!
    I am using the Viviscal line ATM and I love it!! It gives beautiful volume at the roots and keeps your hair moisturised as well as defyning your curls!!

I would love it if you guys checked out my curly hair routine! My hair is a mixture of 3A/3B curls and in the video is show how I use my products to get big hair lol

https://youtu.be/WfjgF2kkQBY

Thanks jasmine xxx
  • SlinkyheadSlinkyhead Registered Users Posts: 100
    Zatik Beauty Essentials - Olive Oil and Black Seed Shampoo!
    Its really good. Not in the least bit stripping but enough to remove light buildup. A little goes a long way - it does lather. Organic, natural, great ingredients.

Type: 3a | NP | med-fine but high den | bob
    NP: Deva NP, DC low poo, ACV rinses
    RO: Deva 1 Cond orig or decadence
    DC: DC HIC, SM JBCO mask
    LI: 1 Cond, B'leavin
    Styler: Deva SPC or reg SC
    Gels: DC LDG, Bouncecurl
    Refresh: water w Lavender oil.
    Scalp: Lav/jojoba/rosem/pep oils.
    Airdry, wait 30 mins before diffusing.
    Loves a little protein in stylers! Hates heavy stuff.
    Its really good. Not in the least bit stripping but enough to remove light buildup. A little goes a long way - it does lather. Organic, natural, great ingredients.

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Slinkyhead wrote: »

Ooh, organic and natural ingredients. Thanks for posting--going to have to try this one. Plus (except for density) we have similar properties; curl pattern and width.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    Give it a try! You might like it. I was lucky to find it at "TK Maxx" for like £3. ( lol I know its TK Maxx over here instead of TJ.) The consistency is kind of like deva low poo but i feel like its more moisturizing but at the same time lathers a lot more. My hair felt clean but not dry after. I use it about once a month. Tk/Tj maxx often get some really good organic products, but its not consistent for repeat purchasing. I just like it for trying new stuff. I also got Briogeo curl charisma conditioner, its good! I like it. Its quite expensive new so I got lucky. If I was still living in the US I'd be hitting up Marshalls, TJ Maxx etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file