Suave Conditioners OK as a leave-in?

JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
As I'm learning more about my hair and products, I'm slowly discovering that I can use some basic products for good results, specifically with conditioners. I quit using the Suave conditioners because of the silicones, but now that I know I won't die if I have a few cones here and there, I'm exploring more options in conditioners. I am currently using Aussie Moist, and it's great, but I go back to college in a month, and if I can use something cheaper, I know that'd be best.

Has anyone used the Suave conditioners as leave-ins? I don't mean the Naturals line that's silicone free, but the regular ones with all the different scents? Truth be told, that is my motivation in trying to use them. I absolutely adore the different smells they come in (strawberry and green apple are my faves), and if I can use them instead, I'd prefer that. Aussie is wonderful, but more costly, and I actually have grown tired of the scent occasionally.

Also, let me know if there are any gel combos that you used that didn't go well with these conditioners! I didn't see too many in the thread dedicated to this when it came to the Suave conditioners. I have Curls Goddess Curls and Spiral Solutions Firm Hold Gel.

Thank you! :smilebox:
Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
•Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
•CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Comments

• eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Neophyte
    The Suave Naturals Juicy Green Apple has no cones. I don't know that it smells the same as th Professionals line with cones. I couldn't find an ingredeints list for that one. I love the smell and feel of the Naturals one and use it as a LI everyday.

WATER (AQUA) , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , fragrance , LActic Acid , Potassium chloride , Disodium EDTA , PEG-150 Distearate , 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Dial , Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate) , propylene glycol , methylchloroisothiazolinone , methylisothiazolinone , Pyrus Malus Fruit (Apple) , glycerin , Yellow 5 (Cl 19140) , Blue 1 (Cl 42090)
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    eche428 wrote: »
    The Suave Naturals Juicy Green Apple has no cones. I don't know that it smells the same as th Professionals line with cones. I couldn't find an ingredeints list for that one. I love the smell and feel of the Naturals one and use it as a LI everyday.

WATER (AQUA) , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , fragrance , LActic Acid , Potassium chloride , Disodium EDTA , PEG-150 Distearate , 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Dial , Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate) , propylene glycol , methylchloroisothiazolinone , methylisothiazolinone , Pyrus Malus Fruit (Apple) , glycerin , Yellow 5 (Cl 19140) , Blue 1 (Cl 42090)

Oh okay! I didn't know there was one without cones in that scent. That's even better! :D
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

• curlysophiecurlysophie Registered Users Posts: 216 Curl Neophyte
    I've never tried the regular line, but I have tried the Naturals line as leave-ins- and it works really well!
    Also, there is a "Sun-ripened strawberry" scent in the Naturals line :D
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
  • JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    I've never tried the regular line, but I have tried the Naturals line as leave-ins- and it works really well!
    Also, there is a "Sun-ripened strawberry" scent in the Naturals line :D

Awesome! Sounds like both of my favorite scents are available in the Naturals line, which is fantastic! :D

• machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur

Called Suave yesterday and customer service said that Suave Naturals isn't cone free. Isn't methylchloroisothiazolinone a cone?
  • DrRachDrRach Registered Users Posts: 264 Curl Neophyte
    macher wrote: »

Called Suave yesterday and customer service said that Suave Naturals isn't cone free. Isn't methylchloroisothiazolinone a cone?

No, that's a preservative i believe.
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in

• eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Neophyte
    DrRach wrote: »
    macher wrote: »

No, that's a preservative i believe.

That's right. Silicone products end in "cone" or "xane".
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file