Thank you cards - money

MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
So we just got back from our honeymoon about a week ago, and I received our thank you cards in the mail. I'm ready to buckle down and write them, but it seems like almost every website says to thank people for their monetary gift and to mention how you're going to use it...

Well, we used it to pay off some debt and put it in savings. Not very sexy like "down payment on a house" or "saving for a family."

So, is it okay to just thank people for coming and for the generous gift without mentioning what we're using it for? Or should we say it's a helpful contribution to us starting a life together.

Thoughts?

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    I would say something like "Your generosity made it possible for us to take care of the needs associated with starting a new life and blending a family."

I think most people would be aware that you might use it for that purpose - they know you aren't two kids with no obligations setting up house for the first time, and that's why they gave you cash, because you need that more than a nice vase, so I think something like the above is fine.

Congrats again - hope the honeymoon was wonderful!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    Amneris wrote: »
    I would say something like "Your generosity made it possible for us to take care of the needs associated with starting a new life and blending a family."

I think most people would be aware that you might use it for that purpose - they know you aren't two kids with no obligations setting up house for the first time, and that's why they gave you cash, because you need that more than a nice vase, so I think something like the above is fine.

Congrats again - hope the honeymoon was wonderful!

Thank you! I should have asked you in the first place, because you've always had such a way with words. I hope to see you around more often :)

The wedding and honeymoon were FANTASTIC!
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Registered Users Posts: 468
    Congrats!
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    See, I didn't know you were supposed to explain how the cash gift will be used. I'm so out of the wedding etiquette stuff...but yet so exasperated that someone would want to know. Ugh
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    See, I didn't know you were supposed to explain how the cash gift will be used. I'm so out of the wedding etiquette stuff...but yet so exasperated that someone would want to know. Ugh

We actually decided not to. We just thanked people for coming, for their generosity, and put a little personal note on each about how it was special because they were there.
  • sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    I've started writing mine and I just said it made our honeymoon possible. I felt awkward writing it, so you're not in the wrong for just thanking for generosity. I hate writing the thank yous, ugh.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights