Camille Rose Naturals Fresh Curl

JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I went shopping with my mom today and was hoping to buy the Curls Curl Refresher to try out on my hair as a daily curl reviver for my in-between wash days. Unfortunately we ended up shopping at the Post Exchange (which is a store on military bases), and they were all out of it. So I ran into the Camille Rose Naturals Fresh Curl Revitalizer. The price was fair, and it smelled *so* similar to my Curls products (a rich, creamy vanilla smell), so I decided to grab it up. The product list is amazing (I've never seen one so short or safe-sounding!), and I'm expecting good things because of this. I know everyone's hair is different, so there is the possibility that my hair will chew this up and spit it out easily, but I know as with all products there is *also* the chance that my hair will love it.:love5:

So I'd like to hear from those of you who have tried this product (or maybe even something from the line), and your results/opinions! I didn't find many reviews on the product page, and of those listed, few actually gave their hair types, so I wasn't sure how to gauge their responses...
Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
•Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
•CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    JunyJu wrote: »
    So I went shopping with my mom today and was hoping to buy the Curls Curl Refresher to try out on my hair as a daily curl reviver for my in-between wash days. Unfortunately we ended up shopping at the Post Exchange (which is a store on military bases), and they were all out of it. So I ran into the Camille Rose Naturals Fresh Curl Revitalizer. The price was fair, and it smelled *so* similar to my Curls products (a rich, creamy vanilla smell), so I decided to grab it up. The product list is amazing (I've never seen one so short or safe-sounding!), and I'm expecting good things because of this. I know everyone's hair is different, so there is the possibility that my hair will chew this up and spit it out easily, but I know as with all products there is *also* the chance that my hair will love it.:love5:

So I'd like to hear from those of you who have tried this product (or maybe even something from the line), and your results/opinions! I didn't find many reviews on the product page, and of those listed, few actually gave their hair types, so I wasn't sure how to gauge their responses...

I have used CURLS Quenched Curls Moisturizer Spray (from their professional) and their Lavish Curls Moisturizer (from their retail line). I can personally tell you that i am not a big fan of either one of their scents, plus neither the CURLS prosessional line or most of their retail line of CURLS products doesn't agree best with my curls at all. And, i am someone that has used CURLS products extensively in my hair, thinking that the products were giving my hair exactly what it needed, until i found products that ended up working much better for my hair. With most of CURLS products, i found them to be very strongly fragranced, plus, any moisture their shampoos would provide would be temporary and not long-lasting at all, I find their conditioners to lack a whole lot of slip, their styling creams would leave my hair feeling dry, yet greasy at the same time. And, their other stylers would just leave my curls feeling just plain dry and coated feeling.

On the CURLS refresher spray bottles, the sprayer tops on both of them them, allow for the spray to come out in a very concentrated stream instead of a mist. I much prefer mist sprayer nozzles best. Plus, i found that neither product provided any type of long-lasting hydration to my curls at all, and i just don't find don't find either sprays to be true "hits", when it comes to reviving my curls with at all. The only product that i would actually re-purchase from CURLS is their Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste (and that's sold within their retail line) and nothing else.

I do currently own the Camille Rose Naturals Fresh Curl Revitalizer, and it used to come in a spray form, but then was switched to a pump bottle. When i do use Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker (which i absolutely love), i will use this product to refresh my curls with tnroughout the week. I do find the smell of it to be quite pleasant. My only con about this product is that i wish that it was more moisturizing. It is of a light lotiony texture, that some may care for, and some may not. I happen to only use it, because it is the recomended curl refresher product to use, to revive one's curls with, to get 2nd day hair and beyond after using Curl Maker. I find it to be a pretty decent product (nothing overly special), however, i will surely continue to use it nonetheless.

I would definitely recommend giving Fresh Curl a try, and if it doesn't provide you with the results your looking for, then i would opt to bring it back for either a refund or exchange, if possible, okay.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Okay. Thanks for sharing! I'm sorry the Curls products didn't work out. Luckily they've done alright for me, just not past co-washing days...I'm glad you told me about the spray bottle issues with the Curls refreshers, because that would annoy me! I tried Fresh Curl and I'm not sure how I feel. It didn't really revive my curls so much as make them frizzy and separate them (which I don't really want, because I love my clumps). I also had to add water to eliminate the frizz, and still ended up having to basically saturate my hair with water to work with it again. I guess my hair is just going to keep being stubborn. I really loved the smell, and the ingredient list, so I'm sad to see it go, but I hate wasting money, so I'll have to take it back.
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Okay. Thanks for sharing! I'm sorry the Curls products didn't work out. Luckily they've done alright for me, just not past co-washing days...I'm glad you told me about the spray bottle issues with the Curls refreshers, because that would annoy me! I tried Fresh Curl and I'm not sure how I feel. It didn't really revive my curls so much as make them frizzy and separate them (which I don't really want, because I love my clumps). I also had to add water to eliminate the frizz, and still ended up having to basically saturate my hair with water to work with it again. I guess my hair is just going to keep being stubborn. I really loved the smell, and the ingredient list, so I'm sad to see it go, but I hate wasting money, so I'll have to take it back.

You are doing the righy thing to take it back. With this product, i have read a lot of reviews on it, and the reviews on it are mixed. So, please don't think that your hair is being stubborn. In my opinion, Camille Rose Naturals Fresh Curl definitely isn't what I consider a true curl refresher in a since, which is why, I am hoping that Camille Rose Naturals will come out with an improved version of it. To tell you, the truth, even though, i have tried a number of curl refreshers, i really haven't found any that truly "wow" me. If you do happen to end up trying any of the CURLS refresher sprays, please be sure to post and share how such works for you, okay. Because i would definitely be interested in knowing.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I so want to try this. I'm not fond of the CR scent BUT the products are AMAZING.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Is there glycerin in it? Some people get that result if glycerin is high on the ingredient list especially in high few points.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 306Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I hardly ever go into the BX but they do tend to have a surprising selection of hair products. I may check this one out.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
    @Reservechic

Yeah. I hate that I have to! It smells so great...

@Chupie

You should test it out! Everyone's hair is different, so yours may like it! And it does smell fantastic :) It had a weird, lotiony texture, though.

And it does have glycerin listed pretty high up, especially since there are already so few ingredients.

One of these days I will.
    Update! Looks like I didn't have to return it at all. My issue was with finding how to get my curls awake first. Once I did, I was able to smooth/scrunch some of this on my curls for fairly nice 2nd day curls!

Cool!!!
  • NaturalsaraNaturalsara Posts: 34Registered Users
    I use camille rose naturals fresh curl. Could be used as a leave in or a refresher. I found myself having to use gel on top of it though. I needed more hold (but not the crunchy hold)

To refresh, I needed water + the fresh curl.
    Hair Type: 3B/3C Mix
    Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
    Hair Density: Low
    Hair Porosity: Low
    Hair Length: SL (when curly) BSL (when stretched)
    Favorite Moisturizering Oils: Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Coconut Oil
    Visit My Blog
    Follow me on Instagram
  • NYCgirlNYCgirl Posts: 236Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love CRN CurlMaker and have used the CRN Fresh Curl as a Leave-in/Moisturizer under the CurlMaker. Great combo! I get 5+ day hair easily that stays moisturized!

I also get the same results when using the CRN Curl Love under the CurlMaker. :)
    • Oils: EVOO,JBCO, Almond Oil
    • Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • Pre-poo: Trader Joe's Coconut Oil, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • LI: CRN The Leave-in Collection,
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
    • PT: CJ Repair Me, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
    • Style: CRN Curl Maker, KCCC, WetLine Xtreme Gel, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file