Help with dry, coarse crown!

sdiddysdiddy Posts: 2Registered Users
My hair grew a great amount after wearing sew ins consecutively for a year... The crown at least. Now I have this problem where the hair around the crown is long with loose curls but the crown is very coarse and rough and the curls shrivel up to my neck, while the rest falls past my shoulders. It doesn't look good at all when it is down because the back dries at a strange angle instead of just falling down. I have been toying with products from Kinky Curly, Shea Moisture, Miss Jessie's, and Cantu, but nothing really changes anything. The back of my hair soaks up moisture like a sponge and just dries immediately so it's truly a struggle. Does anyone have any product suggestions or advice as to how I can try and fix this problem? I don't want to lose my length but honestly if this problem persists I will end up resorting to heat styles again. It's just hard tot love my curls when they seemingly don't love me back lol.

Comments

• nappymiminappymimi Posts: 75Registered Users
    I think u have different porosity levels on different parts of your hair, don't worry, most people do too. The back of your hair has higher porosity. That part needs more protein. So try using products wt protein for now more than moisture on the back.

Also seal the back more, probably with a heavier oil. Treat the back with more TLC .
  • JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It just needs loots of love and moisture! The crown/canopy of my hair is *just* like that. When I went in for my Deva Cut my stylist told me to be patient and be sure to add extra conditioner to that part and extra of my leave-in, and maybe an oil, because the hair is really dry and veeeeery thirsty. I just have to be careful to not touch it at ALL when I am drying my hair, and to give it tons of moisture. Eventually it will grow out, and you can have it cut to be left with hair as healthy as the rest. This is exactly where I am right now. I know it's tough, but it will be worth it! :)
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file