Help me !

JocelynPatriceJocelynPatrice Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi, I'm Joy. I'm a type 4 natural. I have a mixture of 4b and 4c maybe some 4a but whatever. My question or problem is the front part of my hair the "leave out" part the longer it gets the ends just start getting straight. ONLY in the small little inch. I've been natural for about 8 years. I used to get the old school press which NEVER resulted in damage. My stylist was A1. Laterrrrr I was forced to get another stylist. From her I end up experiencing heat damage. I big chopped. And my hair in that small area continues to grow straight at the end. I haven't used heat since my big chop a year ago. What can I do other than cut it?! I don't want to cut it unevenly :sad11:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm. Are you sure you cut off all the damage? How lmany inches of straight hair do you have?

Are you sure your hair isn't naturally straight right there? I ask because I have a small wavy section in the front and some straight hairs disbursed throughout.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • JocelynPatriceJocelynPatrice Registered Users Posts: 3
    adthomas wrote: »
    Hmmm. Are you sure you cut off all the damage? How lmany inches of straight hair do you have?

Are you sure your hair isn't naturally straight right there? I ask because I have a small wavy section in the front and some straight hairs disbursed throughout.

That's what i'm beginning to think. I cut off about four inches and its the SAME few inches this time SAME spot. I want to cut it because its so out of place but if its just that texture i don't want to keep starting over.
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte

That's what i'm beginning to think. I cut off about four inches and its the SAME few inches this time SAME spot. I want to cut it because its so out of place but if its just that texture i don't want to keep starting over.

It depends on how long your hair was when you cut it. If it was damaged t the root you may not have cut it all. I would try protein treatments followed by dc's maybe every two weeks. Do transitioning styles. slowing clip. Once you clip to where you are absolutely sure it can't be old hair you'll know. If the section was different before the heat likely it the damage not the hair pattern. Although pattern can change over time. Most of my grays coming in are less curly.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • JocelynPatriceJocelynPatrice Registered Users Posts: 3

It depends on how long your hair was when you cut it. If it was damaged t the root you may not have cut it all. I would try protein treatments followed by dc's maybe every two weeks. Do transitioning styles. slowing clip. Once you clip to where you are absolutely sure it can't be old hair you'll know. If the section was different before the heat likely it the damage not the hair pattern. Although pattern can change over time. Most of my grays coming in are less curly.
    Thank you for your input! I'll more than likely just cut it off again and see what happens this time around

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file