Fashion Q: Pulling a semi-cropped top off

sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
..without showing skin. I really like this blouse but would like to wear it with non high-waisted bottoms (only have one high-waisted skirt), so I'm envisioning wearing a black cami underneath, tucked in.

It's hard to tell how much of the cami would show but I'm thinking more than an inch would definitely look tacky. I also only have square neck camisoles so a bit of it would show up top, most likely.

Thoughts?

stripedblouse.png
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Banned Users Posts: 1,099 Curl Neophyte
    A black cami would look great as would that thing they advertise on TV that's like a tube thing that goes in that spot to take care of this sort of issue. I can't remember the name of it but I've seen it advertised many times.
  • DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    I think a high-waisted bottom is preferable, but that's just me. Does the photo below match what you have in mind in terms of proportion?

jaqueta-de-couro-bivik.jpg

I am not too crazy about that look.

With a high waist, you can get away with exposing a bit of skin and still look classy and current (but you can also close that "gap" if the lenght of each piece is just right).

9af21e0a677f182b5bc9789d615b758b.jpg

6298342df87c44f8dce78e2975b5d88e.jpg
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    Do you have a picture of the top?
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
  • sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    Hmm, I directly linked a picture of the blouse in the OP but I take it may not be showing up.

Here's an onsite link.

I wound up tweaking a picture of it in MS Paint and adding in a bit of black underneath (the camisole) and a bit showing at its neckline, and it seemed cute enough still, haha. BUT I will probably invest in at least one more high waisted bottom because I think it looks best that way.

Basically I don't like the idea of baring my midriff at all for the contexts I'd wear this blouse in.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Didn't save my 'artwork' yesterday so I just did another lazy picture edit..

Hoping the space needing to be filled by the cami won't be much wider than this.

The camisole would be tucked into whatever pants I'm wearing (my camisoles are too long to not tuck them in when the top layer falls short - it would definitely look silly proportion wise).

(lots of time on my hands right now :D)

• SpecklaSpeckla Registered Users Posts: 189 Curl Connoisseur
    I wear flesh or light tan cammies as close to my own skin tone if I wear a top like that. Flash without flashing.
  • DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    Now that I see the top, it's really not that short. I think your idea would be fine.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    Nice top! I second the above. It's not that short and your idea would be great. Love the white crop and skirt pic you posted, D!
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the input ladies! :occasion5:

Provided I got the right size (somewhat of a shot in the dark) I'll try to post a pic when it comes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file