CurlTalk

PM Awapuhi Moisture Mist Ingredients HELP!!

msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
Are there any ingredients in this that aren't CG friendly? It looks ok to me, but I'm new and not so good at all the ingredients yet:

Water, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger)/PEG-12 Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger) Root Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Plankton Extract, Polyquaternium-4, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxycitronellal

Since most leave-ins weigh my hair down so much, I thought this spray might work for me. I've sprayed it in my hair before going out on the beach & it made my hair feel really good, but I'm wondering if anyone has used this as a daily leave-in?

TIA!
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    bump!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    Because of the PEG before the silicone (blah-blah-blah dimethicone) and before the castor oil the same, it is CG-friendly. Polyquats build up slightly if you are strictly CG (never, ever poo), but if you poo even once every few weeks, it's low enough in the ingred that I wouldn't worry. I use polyquats in products as the 1st ingred after water and use a sulfate-free, super-gentle poo and have been fine, but, of course, it's very individual.

Actually, the sodium PCA and propylene glycol being right after water, followed by some sealants (the blah-blah-blah dimethicone and castor oil) makes this an exceptional leave-in ingred-wise.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
    Great! Thank you so much for responding.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    To piggyback your question to LB, LB is the PM sculpting foam CG? It has the same cone I think. . .
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    To piggyback your question to LB, LB is the PM sculpting foam CG? It has the same cone I think. . .

That cone, as long as the PEG is there, is supposed to be water soluble according to our Curl Chemist's articles. She's so full of great information!
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Is this a spray leave-in? I assumed it was since it has 'mist' in the name.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
    lushaholic wrote:
    Is this a spray leave-in? I assumed it was since it has 'mist' in the name.

Yes, it is a leave-in; it actually says it's a hydrating mist for hair and skin. I tried using it as a leave-in today in the shower since I thought it might work well for me since my hair gets weighed down so easily. It turned out to be too light; didn't detangle my hair at all. :cry: Guess I'll just keep using it when I'm out in the sun at the beach, etc., works great for that.

Back to the drawing board.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oops, sorry, Lusholic, I didn't really answer your question. Yes, it is a "spray" leave-in. :oops:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]